PDA

View Full Version : Website Security Issues

bensonarchery
4th May 2013, 11:50 AM
URGENT!
Please be aware that our website may have been hacked and may have malicious 'badware' redirection. We received a Google warning at 4:02am regarding this matter and we have contacted our website support company in regards to this.
In the mean time, please browse at your own discretion and safety and make sure your anti-virus and malware softwares are up to date while we attempt to get this resolved and restore our standing with the Google search systems.
Regards,
Don
(web guy).

teed
4th May 2013, 04:59 PM
Don, can you tell us whether email addresses and other personal information have been taken?

My browser won't let me get onto Benson's site at the moment, because it lists several trojan horses and a spam bot as being resident there. I am thinking that if hackers could do this much, then other information might be vulnerable as well.

bensonarchery
6th May 2013, 03:18 PM
As far as I am aware of, no personal data was compromised, I will however ask our website hosting company the question and get back to you. The website is back running as per normal, so thank you everyone for your patience.

Regards,
Don

bensonarchery
6th May 2013, 05:24 PM
Just from our website tech guy
Hi Don,

No not at all. There was some code injected into a file which doesn’t get used. If anyone happened to visit bensonarchey.com.au/license.php than they would have been re-directed to another website. So I don’t think anyone would have been in any way affected by this.

Cheers,

Brendan
Service Analyst