PDA

View Full Version : Prowler Laser Sight

bensonarchery
25th June 2013, 09:50 AM
Some pictures of our latest product, the prowler laser sight. It can be attached to your stabilizer, or to any other feature with the 3 clamps provided. A pressure switch is also included so you have maximum stealth until the moment you want to light up your target with the bright dot.

Call us in-store to ask for one today!

teed
26th June 2013, 04:26 PM
Hello Bensons, I recommend you do not tell people to use these in Victoria, on any game animal. This includes sambar deer.

I don't know if this type of product is prohibited in NSW. Since you are selling it there, I assume it's not.

But in that state, use of an artificial light, including a laser light, is prohibited by regulation. It carries severe penalties, including a fine exceeding $2000: see in particular reg 45 of the Wildlife (Game) Regulations 2012.

Westy
26th June 2013, 05:27 PM
Hello Bensons, I recommend you do not tell people to use these in Victoria, on any game animal. This includes sambar deer.

I don't know if this type of product is prohibited in NSW. Since you are selling it there, I assume it's not.

But in that state, use of an artificial light, including a laser light, is prohibited by regulation. It carries severe penalties, including a fine exceeding $2000: see in particular reg 45 of the Wildlife (Game) Regulations 2012.Well i'm glad I live North of Both those Borders were Deer are now deemed feral pests!!!I'll Take 2 thanks Bensons LOL:D Serious think i'll just stick to my pins Guys

bensonarchery
27th June 2013, 10:35 AM
We have been informed from our supplier that these devices comply with federal laws (relating to lasers) so long as they are physically mounted onto a device for use. They can not be used as hand-held free-standing devices. We recommend that they are mounted onto a bow (stabilizer or onto the bow) prior to leaving the shop if you purchase in-person, and we are able to ship in good faith that they are to be retrofitted to equipment immediately after purchase. These are not devices to be carried on your persons as hand-held devices.

We are not responsible for your use of the device once it leaves the shop.

Possession of a laser device without reasonable cause to have one on your person is prohibited by law and may incur penalties up to $5500 and/or jail time under the prohibited weapons act.

In regards to usage as an aiming device, we have no control over how people use such devices, they can be used also as training devices to determine how steady you hold on-target at your chosen working distance. It is up to the individual to exercise their common sense to apply the correct regulations in their area for the use of any equipment, be it bows or sights.

hawks667
27th June 2013, 01:28 PM
Whats the mw rating?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

bensonarchery
27th June 2013, 02:50 PM
20mW

hawks667
27th June 2013, 03:12 PM
yikes...how much?

bensonarchery
28th June 2013, 07:54 AM
$179.95 + S&H/each

ajoh
28th June 2013, 11:05 AM
thanks benson mite have to call you next week be a great training aid
(been looking for one for a while an pic of it mounted can be previded)

bensonarchery
29th June 2013, 08:03 AM
The fourth picture in the original post shows it mounted onto a short hunting-style stabilizer. We have tried it on a doinker longrod in the shop with one of the staffs setup and used it to demonstrate how steady they hold at 18m, worked quite well under shop lights with no problems at all.

bensonarchery
3rd July 2013, 04:51 PM
We've now got a brief video showing the laser device in in the shop, you can see it here on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmltwoHeejcube.com/watch?v=XmltwoHeejc

ajoh
4th July 2013, 11:30 AM
i ordered one on tuesday hopefully it'll turn up today