PDA

View Full Version : Thunderhorn Boa - traditional bow quiver

Johnno
19th June 2016, 02:45 PM
I was deciding on what quiver to get for my bow and I was thinking about a Selway - but recently got this quiver - thanks Ed- for my Mamba recurve bow and whilst I'm no expert - I though I'd post a few words.

First off - the quiver is a six arrow strap on style - I was a little apprehensive about this type of fitting as I have heard they can at times slip and be generally unsecure. This was not the case and it fitted to my bow rock solid and gave no indication of marking the limbs.

The quiver uses two thick rubber straps that secure by a small post going into an eyelet at your chosen length. It appears to be a very effective system to secure the quiver with the rubber giving no appearance that it will stretch or perish- although time will tell.

The quiver hood is made of leather - and in my case - was two tone - proving a very attractive appearance. I am led to believe that you can custom the leather design of your quiver by contacting the manufacturer direct. The insert in the hood is the customary foam insert and seems to competently hold the six arrows in place regardless of fieldtips or broad heads.

The arrow gripper is rubber and secures to the bow via the same means as the hood and the gripper, although not adjustable, appears to hold the arrows securely without being overly tight and difficult to extract.

At the shot the quiver is very quiet and its extra weight appears to have no real impact on my bow and it is possible that the extra weight on the limbs made the bow a little quieter.

All in all, this appears to be a well designed and very well made quiver. Whilst I have yet to use it in the field I have no doubts that it will perform flawlessly as expected and appears to be in all respects comparable to the Selway.

5H1F7Y
19th June 2016, 02:56 PM
I've got a Thunderhorn Boa and a Selway bolt on, and find myself using the Boa almost exclusively as it is easier to fit, doesn't make the limb bolts difficult to tighten and so far I've found no movement, noise or marking of the limbs as stated. Good choice.

ROSCO
27th June 2016, 09:15 AM
Hi Mate
Nice review I have about 4 or 5 of the 6 arrows Thunderhorn if you want to spread the arrows more the Selway arrowgripper will fit the Thunderhorn. The Selway gripper you place the arrows up and down.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/replacement-arrow-gripper-for-selway-bow-quivers.html

Johnno
4th July 2016, 07:15 PM
Cheers Rosco - handy to know