PDA

View Full Version : An example of why people buck up about paying top dollar and getting crap as service.

Rinaldo
6th January 2012, 12:59 PM
A mate of mine got me to post this for him on an American forum.

I have a Bowtech Patriot which I enjoy shooting and in late September I discovered a crack in the limb, no problem as it is a fairly old bow. I ordered a new set of limbs from the Australian Bowtech dealer in early October in mid November I rang the dealer again to see how the order was going. To my surprise I had to give him all my details again including what I required, I have a sneaking suspicion he did not place the order!!!! I rang Bowtech and I was told I had to go through my dealer Bowtech could not supply the limbs to me directly as per company policy etc which I can understand. It is now January 2012 I have once again rung the local dealer to have them tell me that "Bowtech are notoriously slow at supplying parts" etc and that they should be here soon. The upshot of this is that I have a bow that I cannot shoot and I am very disappointed with the lack of service!!!!! Is parts supply really an issue with Bowtech or is this dealer just incompetent, btw I think the people I am dealing with here in Australia are the only Bowtech dealers in this country? Is there another option so I can get my limbs asap. I am not asking them to supply the limbs on warranty I am paying for the damn things!

gippibowhunter
6th January 2012, 07:42 PM
do what i did call them tell them that their after sale service is crap and that you need the limbs asap they generaly give them to you at a discounted price (well i did anyway)
not good to hear about your trouble tho. IMO you should have gone hoyt ha
Cheers Dylan Taylor

Big Yin
6th January 2012, 08:04 PM
The first and last set of Hoyt limbs I bought took 14 weeks to get here so their service is just as bad. Its got more to do with circumstances that anything else. How good your dealer is, manufactures stock levels, age of components and the freight company they use.

special
7th January 2012, 08:01 AM
I dont know who the dealer is these days..And I dont want to know...But several Aussie stores will wait until they have a large order together before placing it....This may be OK for store stock...But it is terrible if its warranty.
I think all warranty orders should be placed immediately.
The old dealer(AS)had heaps of BT limbs last time I spoke to him..Maybe give him a try.

Meerkat
7th January 2012, 03:52 PM
I think that sometimes they fail to remember that in the end, it's the customers who keep them in business. It's not that difficult to work it out...good service keeps them coming back and they will spread the good word. Bad service simply means that more people will shop on line or go somewhere else to spend their hard earned cash and give the dodgie ones a wide berth!

bent arrow
7th January 2012, 05:00 PM
...... Bad service simply means that more people will shop on line or go somewhere else to spend their hard earned cash and give the dodgie ones a wide berth!

Couldnt agree more. At the moment I am buying all of my stuff from archery academy in adelaide and the service has been absolutely fantastic.