PDA

View Full Version : New Website Launch

bensonarchery
2nd February 2013, 07:55 AM
Just thought to mention that we've relaunched our website to provide you with the best information and prices possible. Come by and take a look and let us know your thoughts on our new site.

www.bensonarchery.com.au

Regards,
Benson Archery

Outbackbowhunter
2nd February 2013, 08:42 AM
Will the new web site have an online shopping cart facility ?

K.Williams
2nd February 2013, 09:52 AM
site looks great, awesome job guys as always!

bensonarchery
4th February 2013, 09:39 AM
At the moment we are easing into the digital realm, we will likely have online sales in the future, however we will be monitoring traffic rates and interest online before we decide at what point when that happens.

Outbackbowhunter
4th February 2013, 07:22 PM
At the moment we are easing into the digital realm, we will likely have online sales in the future, however we will be monitoring traffic rates and interest online before we decide at what point when that happens.

Getting a shopping cart on my site was the best thing for me, its like having a sales assistant and 24 / 7 open hour shopping to a world wide market.

Its your web site but if you do a shopping cart, I bet you will so glad you did

Hurls
4th February 2013, 07:29 PM
Bugger, website has crashed....

bensonarchery
5th February 2013, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately, we have had some technical issues with the database crashing, our tech company is working on it still.

bensonarchery
5th February 2013, 02:35 PM
Aaaaaaand, we're back. The website is back, stability is yet to be determined so please be patient should the website conk out again.

dhfactory
5th February 2013, 03:03 PM
Waste of time and good money without a cart.

I spend $30,000+ on hunting a year and do not have the time or inclination to go to a store and deal with people in person.

I'd recommend a online shopping option, specials on the cheap addon stuff. Even if it is only limited in nature. You are living in a dream world with out in and your business will suffer with out it.

If benson hunting shop was a FB group with great give aways and community feel, all the bow hunters would join it. right?
You see you need to make people feel like they are helping a cause, in a community, maybe sponsship of things they do or basically they want to choose to shop with you and trust me, good customer service and stock in your shop doesn't cut it these days with the internet at their finger tips.

For example, I live on the north shore. I do not travel near the area of your shop, abbey is closer, but still out of the way. So what do I do? I hunt most weekends, and I work in the city? Easy, I buy my stuff off the net. It comes to my work, I take it home and I have it for my weekend hunts. Makes sense. Sure I could call you and mess around, pay with a credit cards and maybe you'd post something to me. But I'd probably be made to feel like you were doing me a favor for the service?

I'm not sure, but after writing this and thinking about the new site I still think you are working well within the box. (I mean no offense, i'm just trying to help)

All above is only my only opionin.

lvkmi
5th February 2013, 04:52 PM
I have to agree with dhfactory and outbackbowhunter that an online purchasing option is a must. I'm sure you run a great show and you have a good reputation but i don't look at your website simply because i know i can't buy what i see whilst i'm sitting there looking at it online, usually at night or on a weekend which rules out the desire to call you later. I gotta drive 5 hours if i want to visit your store but your store is virtually in my lounge room if you have an online shopping facility. You could always try listing a few common items on ebay to see if it would be worth your while.

This is just my 2 cents worth and you will do what you think is right for your business, after all, you've made it this far so you are obviously doing something right. If i was half as smart as you i would have my own archery store!

K.Williams
5th February 2013, 05:42 PM
I have no worries at all without the shopping cart, I look at what i plan to purchase on the site, and a quick phone call works for me without any hassle! and i can check if its in stock and get my order done on a more personal level in real time. best place ive ever dealt with actually, very professional and awesome one on one customer service. A quick phone call to order and confirm that its currently stocked and ready for dispatch is how i like it!! My2cents

I've had chit experience dealing with online shopping cart systems, like abbeys. you have no way of knowing if the item is in stock or even in the country without calling first anyway .

bensonarchery
6th February 2013, 02:10 PM
Thank you for all your feedback, I will pass it onto those who make such decisions regarding the operation of the business. Since the store has been in operation from 1973, keeping up to date and moving trends in technology and business is one of the harder aspects of being competitive, and some things need a lot of background work to change and work that many consumers never see in regards to maintaining a business running smoothly, especially in retail and niche retail like ours.

We do compete against a large range of online retailers who don't have to pay for shop staff to deal with walk-in customers, but we like to pride ourselves in providing the customers who talk to us in person or on the phone with the best service we can, as we like to be able to provide a service, rather than taking your money and handing an item over, and this is one of the core beliefs of the owners. How we manage to maintain this in an online-shop work will be a challenge for us, but we will endevour to do our best.

Regards
Benson Archery.

bensonarchery
8th February 2013, 10:42 AM
I appreciate the constructive comments from dhfactory and ivkmi, we have been aware of the issue for some time. The main problem from our end is inventory control. I will try to explain some of the difficulty. Many overseas manufactured products have single distributors in Australia who supply there net work of retailers, so the retailers can usually source product overnight in Australia.

The archery industry is somewhat different in that there are multiple distributors that also retail to the public. There product must be imported direct from the U.S. producers. No one shop can possibly carry all the inventory of all the manufactures in the U.S. The time gap from when we order product from the factory to when it arrives can be up to 6 months ie Bear traditional, mathews mission, Easton is currently out of 300 powerflight shafts etc. Our fear is a customer may order online and the stock is not available it all gets messy from this point on. We are currently working towards a limited on line system. We will work towards the online sales but unless it is totally functional we dont want hunters waiting for here orders when they have a hunt coming up and no goods. We staff our shop with Archers that are there to help, we can give updates on product arrivals and can get it or alternatives under way usually same day.

Once again thanks for the comments it is your feedback that helps improve our business and customers service

Yours in Hunting
Mick Benson
Director
Benson Archery