Quote Originally Posted by dwmac View Post
Game animal hunting is a bread crumb leading to commercial industry in the consumer experience of Aussie outdoors culture: it produces a market for goods such as backpack, sleep system, navigation tools, cookware utensils and jetboil-type stoves, clothing, optics and glass, cameras, vehicles, automotive consumer gear (winches, trailers, tires, roads/tracks as crown assets generated from transport-driven taxes and sales revenue) and so on.
Bow hunting enhances the natural setting of this outdoors culture by its inherent 'quietness' It does not disturb the bush the way a gunshot does every time an arrow is loosed. It produces a more ethical hunt due to inherent limitations of the chase such as range and environmental variables of scent control, wind direction, detection. Especially since it does not employ dogs to drive or flush quarry. Thus the bow induces a fair hunt, a cleaner hunt and a greater certainty of humane despatch owing to the target box being a larger window under the tighter restriction of usefull arrow range.

There are a lot of logical grounds to counter the anti-bowhunting lobbiyers. The hysterical language in use "professional pest control programs" sounds like a ratbag insider just wants the exclusive, fat gubmint contract (pigs, goats, foxes, cats, dogs, asiatic buffalo, camels, brumbies). It completely misses the 'Game animal' species such as deer, no doubt included under the scope of an eradication policy.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Totally agree with all of that.
Countries like the US and NZ that have strong hunting and outdoor cultures also have thriving industries producing a huge range of outdoor/camping/adventure/hunting equipment.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk