Apex Archery

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the meeting?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 22.58%
  • No

24 77.42%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylux View Post
    THIS FROM THE ABA

Hello Jason.
    Thanks for your concerned approach.
    I can assure you the ABA exec do as much as they can but none of us get paid for what we do.
    Believe it or not most of us have to make a living but we are happy to give up our time in persuit of what *we think is the benefit of archery/bowhunting.
    And there in lies the problem! If we want to continue hunting as a cultural recreation some of us have to step up and start managing it professionally. This why I keep recommending SSAA, instead of forming the Archery Alliance the associations should have started working out how to link into the SSAA and improve the lot of Archery/bow target/hunting. The African dogs look for their prey on the outside of the herd, think about it!

The national gun laws resulting from Port Arthur ignited long arm owners, while pistol/hand gunners ignored the threat. Once handguns started to become the focus of the Green Goblins all firearm licensees became focused on the threat posed. The Greens and AL are constantly stalking anything to do with or potentially hunting, directly or indirectly. Without becoming hyper vigilant we need to simply be better organised and give it attention a bit more often.
    Last edited by Outdoor Edge; 14th July 2013 at 10:30 PM.
    If you never try, how can you succeed! Monaro Hunting
    L\H PSE 3G Stinger 60Lbs
    340 aftermath - 125 grn outback supremes - 4" killer vanes
    It's not what you get, it's how good the story sounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilba View Post
    Maybe the ABA needs to change its name to ATA (Australian Target Assosation)
    It would be more appropriate as is seams that is its main focus.
    Australian Tossers Association more like it. Bowhunting is not a benefit given to us by a generous government. It is a way of life and a God given right. Public land is exactly that, public. It is not there for the Greens Party, Liberal Party, PSA union thugs or any other anti groups to lock up and throw away the key. I have always suspected the ABA had no interest in representing bowhunters. They seem more than happy enough to take your hard earned money but when it comes to representing your pastime they want nothing to do with it. I would be happy to join the SFP Party, especially since they have started an archer's division.
    Last edited by gr8whitehuntr; 8th July 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8whitehuntr View Post
    Australian Tossers Association more like it. Bowhunting is not a benefit given to us by a generous government. It is a way of life and a God given right. Public land is exactly that, public. It is not there for the Greens Party, Liberal Party, union thugs or any other anti groups to lock up and throw away the key. I have always suspected the ABA had no interest in representing bowhunters. They seem more than happy enough to take your hard earned money but when it comes to representing your pastime they want nothing to do with it. I would be happy to join the SFP Party, especially since they have started an archer's division.
    Maybe some feel this way , but in reality our "rights" in such pursuits are acknowledged or removed by the courts and Parliament.

Join your Organisations, SFP, SSAA and ABA[ make your voice loud to them to ! ] ... its a big pond with lots of fish ... clear heads, facts and concise arguments will win the day ... not chest beating bravado .

Lets move forward in a positive manner , address the issues with facts , stop laying blame and be proactive ...

Have we all got your friends to Join SPF ? SSAA, or ABA ?
    But SPF seems to be leading the fight and including us ... so they are a great place to start .

Kudos to Antonio for keeping it out the front and Mr Mallard for getting the ball rolling
    Last edited by Ben M; 8th July 2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Found this on the Aunstralian Hunters.net site..

"You sent this to Rob Borsak, Rob Brown will be organising our SFP response, if there is going to be a rally it needs to be when parliament is sitting, we don't come back from the winter break until the 13th August to do it before will be ineffectual because nobody will be around.

We should also look at a rolling campaign in various parts of the state so others can participate. "

The guys over at the AHN are getting really organised and making plenty of phone calls. If the moderators of this site liase with the AHN guys and any other hunting organizations we could really show a well organized united protest with maximum attendance. Dates in August and November have been thrown out but nothing is set yet. Would be great to see the entire bowhunting community come together with the SSAA and any other hunting factions to make a whole.
    Have added a poll to get an idea on numbers of people who will be attending, as we may have to get a bigger room if we get a good turnout.
    Not all deer make the record book, but they all make mine

Making a Stand for Our Bowhunting Future

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Lara View Post
    Have added a poll to get an idea on numbers of people who will be attending, as we may have to get a bigger room if we get a good turnout.
    Hi mate. For those of us who are unable to attend, is it possible to open an email address to which we can forward apologies? A few thousand apologies will surely show numbers and support as well?
    Cheers, Chris
    Boys while I am not advocating joining any organisation or a particular organisation, give strong thought and do your research on the one/s, if any, you are going to hand your money over too. Some orgs, one or two may be mentioned above, have very ordinary track records when it comes to representing hunters, find out who or what is representing your best interests as a hunter. I won't say bowhunter, because it is not about simply hunting with bows. Yes that may be your preferred method, but to the anti's, we are hunting, no matter the method. I hunt with a rifle, compound, recurve, with and without dogs, as I am sure many others here do, we are hunters.

One thing I will mention when joining an org, look who heads it up, who they have as media liaison and such, we are in an age where people in those positions really need to know their stuff, not Joe Bloggs whose mates 'stabbed' him for the position while he wasn't there.

Imo ADA is really leading the charge these days, and have the runs on the board, along with the people who have the smarts to talk successfully at all levels. I havn't been a member for a few years know, but will be signing up again.

Remember, we are hunters, no matter the method, lets defend our heritage and lifestyle.
    Yep ADA are a good model. But most of us hunt a wider species list.
    If you never try, how can you succeed! Monaro Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by teed View Post
    Where is ABA in all this?
    Exactly! Friday's news was about as big as news gets in terms of its impact on NSW bowhunters, yet we've heard not a peep out of the ABA, or any other self-appointed peak for that matter.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast