Mathews Creed XS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

long ATA bow for 2014

been out of the loop for a bit this year.
    are there any bows out for 2014 with an ATA OF 35'' or over?
    any special coming?
    cheers
    joel
    RESIDENT PEST.
    havent been released yet mate not for a few more months.
    [SIZE="2"] Ashley Johnston. current equipment: hoyt alphamax 32 shooting Carbon Express Piledriver Passthru Xtremes , two blade Magnus Traditional broadheads, G5 three blade montecs and G5 SGH (small game head). QAD ultra rest, HHA single pin sight. 3DAAA setup: PRIME Impact in Target red, sureloc Supreme sight, titan scope, spott hogg edge, carbon express CXL pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    been out of the loop for a bit this year.
    are there any bows out for 2014 with an ATA OF 35'' or over?
    any special coming?
    cheers
    joel
    I think PSE are looking to update the Freak Max (38" scary bow anyway) and also Darton Archery still have a camo version of the DS4500 (38 1/2 " model) on the market. I don't know if they intend to update it with any new features this year though.

Apart from that you're left with either the usual suspects from Hoyt, or the Bear Anarchy at 35".

I'd really like to see a modern hunting compound on the market aimed at tall finger shooters. A 40" ATA and 32" draw length would be great!

I was thinking of buying the Darton or PSE bow earlier this year - but having tried them out I still prefer my old compound with recurve limbs and a 42" ATA (30 years old now)

Not quite so fast as the new bows, but Jeez it still shoots nice!
    "Forces Loyal"
    To what?
    Joel, they will come in fluro colours with shoot through risers.

why do you want a target bow?

EDIT: recurve, the Bear Anarchy is a shade over 34. And does not even feel that long.
    I shoot an Athens afflixion which is 35ata, and a mate has the elite pure, 36ata?? Theyre totally different bows, but both really nice to shoot. My Athens wants to let rip, where the pure is a lot less aggressive. The pure is a really nice bow to shoot. It would be my next choice of bow if i didnt already own the athens and my elite answer. Ive got a 30+ draw, and find the longer ata bow easier to shoot consistently. I absolutely love my Athens. Probably no real help, but I would buy another Athens or elite in a heartbeat. All the best.
    prime centroid LR is 34.25, http://www.g5prime.com a little under what you are looking for but give one a try and you may get hooked.
    Ill be in darwin in september if you want to try mine

Randal
    ah cheers
    moved to brisbane 2 weeks ago lol,
    laid up in bed with shattered big toe.
    RESIDENT PEST.
    second the centroid. i shoot one for 3daaa target and couldnt be happier. im hoping prime come out with a target 3d bow. ie. 36 odd inches short brace like 6.25 or something it would be perfect for it and those guys with long draws looking for a long ata bow. something akin to a hoyt alpha elite is what im hoping for anyway
    [SIZE="2"] Ashley Johnston. current equipment: hoyt alphamax 32 shooting Carbon Express Piledriver Passthru Xtremes , two blade Magnus Traditional broadheads, G5 three blade montecs and G5 SGH (small game head). QAD ultra rest, HHA single pin sight. 3DAAA setup: PRIME Impact in Target red, sureloc Supreme sight, titan scope, spott hogg edge, carbon express CXL pros.
    NewBreed Cyborg 37" (my favorite), NewBreed Eclipse 35", NewBreed Horizon 39", Strother Moxie 37-1/2". They are top brand bows as good as all the other well known brands. Check them out when you can. We usually have the Cyborg, Eclipse and the Moxie in stock to have a look at.
    www.ozhuntingandbows.com.au
    X 2 cyborg just hangs there
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast