Hoyt Archery
+ Reply to Thread

Recurve compound

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if any manufacturers are making compounds with recurve limbs?
    In the 90's there were a few around.
    Cheers Rossco
    I don't think so. I've got one of the old ones from the 80's and love it - but for some reason they went out of favour. I suspect it was the move to single cams and a continuous quest for greater speed that did them in. I still reckon they were great bows and were certainly a lot tougher than most compounds on the market these days.
    "Forces Loyal"
    To what?
    Thanks Bogytar Oneida bows are not the type I'm after.

Recurve5 - Had an old PSE and loved it. Used to shoot fingers with it, so simple and tough. Unfortunately I no longer have it.
    Aesthetically pleasing, wether or not they shot any better I don't know, but if I was to ever buy something with wheels it would have to be one of those.
    Cheers Rossco.
    behind the third gumtree on the left after the big termite mound
    I sold 2 older bows last year that had recurved limb ends , a Golden Eagle ( late 90's ) , and a Hoyt pro vantage fps plus ( early 90's), aestetically pleasing yes , as far as improvement in performance id say no .
    The design of the limbs as you say was well tested and used by manufacturers , and like now in the modern times with every man and his dog trying to eek out a few more FPS every year , if the was an advantage to the design over tranditionally shaped limbs you can bet your bottom dollar they would all be running them on models in their range.
    I had a Hoyt / Easton Stag compound in the mid to late 80's with traditional shaped limbs , also 80# that shot just as hard as the pro vantage I had .
    Athens Accomplice 34 , 70#
    Assenheimer T/D recurve , 65#@28
    Internature hunter T/D recurve 60#@28
    Bear Tigercat 58#@28
    York Cadet 20#@28
+ Reply to Thread