Apex Archery
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Looks good, mate

I have my grinder mounted on a bench, not on the wall...be interesting to see how it goes ha ha ha

Where did you end up getting the carbide from?
    "Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" - Fred Bear

Mathews Monster Safari 85# - PSE Stinger X 70# - Tred Barta Longbow 70#
    Thanks Yep going ok. Look up about 4 posts and you will see the link for the S. Carbide.
    www.trevorwillistaxidermy.com

www.alpinehuntingconsultants.com
    Sorry mate, I'll check it out.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    Sorry mate, I'll check it out.

Cheers
    No worries just thought it quicker for you to look up the page than having to stand on your head to read the link if I copied/paste lol. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Willis View Post
    No worries just thought it quicker for you to look up the page than having to stand on your head to read the link if I copied/paste lol. :D
    Or lay on my left side ha ha

Cheapest/easiest way around getting a paperwheel is to get a calico/canvas polishing wheel (supercheap/bunnings etc) and a good quality cutting compound. You will be splitting hairs in a few minutes.
    Be very careful with which way it goes as it can rip the knife out of your hand and punch it through the shed wall in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Rhino1; 7th August 2016 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Willis View Post
    Ok got a bit of time today.... I cut out the 8" wheels drilled a 1/2" hole mounted in the lathe and turned them "true". Spread high strength pva glue around the edge of one wheel spread out some of the silicon carbide powder on a sheet of paper and rolled the glued wheel over it. It will take a couple of days to dry. The other wheel was prepared by simply spinning and holding a block of rouge against it until I got a nice smooth white colour. Hopefully the images will upload correctly for me so you can see. I will continue when I get another chance cheers Trev.
    Attachment 22715 Attachment 22716 Attachment 22717Attachment 22714

Hahaha using the you beaut iPad great bit of kit you will need to stand on your heads or turn you computer upside down to look at the images lmao.
    Shouldve looked at the previous comments before I posted the last one, that looks great Trev- it all came together very nicely
    No worries Ryan we need to talk when I get back

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456