TUSX
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ummmm....could probably do more with that than you could with a sharp 1 ajoh!?! :D
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Ummmm....could probably do more with that than you could with a sharp 1 ajoh!?! :D

i don't doubt that for minute............you criminal LOL:D:D:D.........
    Ok here is where we are at, new steel billet. 1095, 3.2mmm. This is the fifth blade Ive ground today so fairly buggered and about to start the forge to harden and temper.
    Earlier this arvo. 20170214_150824.jpg

Handle has now been profiled with jimping and file work on the spine. 20170214_164039.jpg
    20170214_164049.jpg
    Last edited by Rhino1; 14th February 2017 at 04:54 PM.
    No one seemed interested in this so I just went and did it. All done and boxed up fella's. Mosaic pin, coolabah burl, buffalo leather sheath, absolutely ridiculous sharp. Good luck gentlemen. PIC_0090.jpg
    Ive been getting steel samples tested for months now and reckon Im punching out some of the toughest knives around, especially with customers dropping in so called "high end" production and custom blades to be repaired has been a real eye opener on quality for me.
    PIC_0098.jpg
    PIC_0093.jpg
    That's a beautiful knife mate.
    Cheers, Carlos.
    Very nice rhino, be a very happy chap who gets that one.

Jesse.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly 2 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.
    ooh man, that one sucks Rhino so your going to have to make another one so you better just give that one to me..............lol :D

awesome job Rhino well done bud, i'm sure whoever gets it will be very happy(they better bloody be).............
    [*Windy and getting off-topic]

I've my eye out for a skinning/fleshing work knife with a d-section swept blade profile. Something like a chefs veggie slicer that is rugged enough that it has utility as bush kit in camp. The knife Rhino made is nice, lovely work, beautiful handle...

Nearest seen to a knife I'm looking for usually follow the D profile right around. Which I just don't find eye pleasing. The resulting shape is like a sideways capital letter D with its gut hanging down. The handles all have a shape that appears the same from one ebay knife cutler to the next.

But I'm after a blade something like a capital D sawn in two halves.

The slicing action is to lower the handle end, guillotining veggies upon the blade's edge by chopping down in a backward rolling action from the tip (dicing/slicing onion, meat etc).

All different sizes would appeal to the food preparation ppl. A smallish sawn-off d-section suits my personal preference for utility in skinning and dressing work.

BTW Rhino that's a quality looking sheath.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dwmac; 11th March 2017 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmac View Post
    [*Windy and getting off-topic]

I've my eye out for a skinning/fleshing work knife with a d-section swept blade profile. Something like a chefs veggie slicer that is rugged enough that it has utility as bush kit in camp. The knife Rhino made is nice, lovely work, beautiful handle...

Nearest seen to a knife I'm looking for usually follow the D profile right around. Which I just don't find eye pleasing. The resulting shape is like a sideways capital letter D with its gut hanging down. The handles all have a shape that appears the same from one ebay knife cutler to the next.

But I'm after a blade something like a capital D sawn in two halves.

The slicing action is to lower the handle end, guillotining veggies upon the blade's edge by chopping down in a backward rolling action from the tip (dicing/slicing onion, meat etc).

All different sizes would appeal to the food preparation ppl. A smallish sawn-off d-section suits my personal preference for utility in skinning and dressing work.

BTW Rhino that's a quality looking sheath.

Ummmm.......I had sausages on bread for lunch today and I think that I have done my families washing for the week too...and this arvo I fixed a missing problem in a ladies car for her........but I digress .......(you r a classic DW!?! :D:cool:)

That's 1 sweet looking knife Bruz!
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Cheers assassin 😏

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast