Bowhunting Downunder
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Back,side or pocket

If you could only have one. What type of quiver would you have and why?
    Shadow quiver
    "Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow" - Fred Bear

Mathews Monster Safari 85# - PSE Stinger X 70# - Tred Barta Longbow 70#
    Does it feel unbalanced at all with less than 6 in it?
    Bow quiver all the way, G5 Head-loc 6 arrow

Can't do a back one because of daypack/bladder and a side one would just be a pain making sure you don't bang it on anything making noise scaring away game.
    Some hip quivers are quite comfortable and quiet if fitted with a clip system. And some prefer to not have the weight of 6 arrows hanging off one side of the bow.
    It is realy personal preference you need to have a crack of them.
    For hunting you'll be hard pressed to find a more practical option than a bowquiver. Four arrow quivers are perfect in my opinion as they aren't too heavy but hold enough arrows for a full day of hunting.
    Cheers, Carlos.
    Quote Originally Posted by daserdark View Post
    For hunting you'll be hard pressed to find a more practical option than a bowquiver. Four arrow quivers are perfect in my opinion as they aren't too heavy but hold enough arrows for a full day of hunting.
    Bowquivers? Depending where you are, they can be a blessing or a curse.

Carlos, this is spoken like someone who has never been in sambar country (where the bush can be, and often is, as thick as a toddler's snot) or like someone who has not used a decent hip quiver, like the Neet one which attaches to your leg; or the Kwikee frame which takes a bowquiver of your choosing.

Given I hunt in mountains (read the 'sambar country' bit above) I almost never have a quiver on the bow.
    I could go without a quiver if i wanted enough arrows for a full day hunting the way i've been going of late ahaha. I don't know how I would go with a hip quiver as i've never used one, nor a back quiver, and i'm sure as hell uncertain how my shooting would hold up without a bow quiver and the weight of 6 x 700gr arrows hanging off the side as I am used to...
    Schafer Silvertip Recurve 65#
    I've hunted sambar country. I tried a hip quiver. I hated it. Honestly after 20 odd years I'm still trying to find the "perfect" quiver. No such thing. Each has advantages and disadvantages. The closest to perfection for me is a light strap on 5 arrow bow quiver coupled with a back quiver if I need extra arrows.

Back,side or pocket

I agree, every type of quiver is a compromise. During the past 30 years I've also tried a hip quiver for a while. But apart from the weight saved on the bow when carrying arrows in a bow quiver, the hip quiver had more disadvantages for me. Mainly due to the dense bush I often hunt in. I've lost some arrows from struggling through impenetrable scrubs and eventually just went back to a bow quiver with the minimum arrows in it.
    Bowtech Reign 6 & Experience
    600 grain Arrows
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast