Wild Deer and Hunting Adventures Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Better late than never

I would like to thank Northern Broadheads and cutting edge broadheads for sending thru the goods. I was unable to add this to the other related thread cos it's blocked. Just wanted to get it out that these 2 suppliers did get the job done.
    Northern broadheads grand slam look great, does anyone know where I can get steel ferrule for that style broadhead.
    Cutting edge will come up good with a sharpen, they are a mixed bag though. They will be for sale in classifieds for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rested View Post
    I would like to thank Northern Broadheads and cutting edge broadheads for sending thru the goods. I was unable to add this to the other related thread cos it's blocked. Just wanted to get it out that these 2 suppliers did get the job done.
    Northern broadheads grand slam look great, does anyone know where I can get steel ferrule for that style broadhead.
    Cutting edge will come up good with a sharpen, they are a mixed bag though. They will be for sale in classifieds for more info.

Great to see all is well on this front now, and that goods promised have been received...

Rick
    UNBELIEVABLE
    i closed the other thread to stop the swearing and foolishness that was taking it over.
    Glad you got what you wanted in the end.

Hey mate you are asking about steel ferrules for the grand slam can I firstly ask why? Is it just a strength thing or do you want to increase the weight. The 170 grn Northern Bulldozer ferrule is steel and may fit just ask Northern but seems you would have to buy those heads to swap ferrules.
    Cheers
    Sneaky
    Stick, String and Sharp Things what could possibly go wrong?

Sneak, Sneak, Sneak, Whack!!!

RUN BOY RUN UPA TREE UPA TREE!!!!
    Good to hear mate....

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc (Foundation member)
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965

Better late than never

Sneaky
    Just after more weight up front. I email northern broadheads to ask if I can get the grand slam with steel ferrule but have not got a email back

Sneaky
    Just after more weight up front. I email northern broadheads to ask if I can get the grand slam with steel ferrule but have not got a email back

Ok mate I will pull apart a 125 grn alumn ferrule and a 170grn steel ferrule and just check the difference should be that 45grn as I think the blade size is the same. You can always put in a 50grn brass insert if your arrows aren't made up yet which will bring you up to 180grn sharpened possibly.

Not wanting to start another Aussie broadhead supplier issue thread Northern Broadheads if your listening please answer queries from your customers as I too have sent a query regarding the 100grn Little Evil and not had a response. This is a shame because quite awhile back I was handed some Northerns to test by a Bow Shop and I did shooting 3 Boars and 3 Billies in two days they were great performed well and gave my feed back to them in return they were good enough to send me 6 packets so they are good people they just need to improve on responding I feel.

Will get back to you Rested

Cheers
    Sneaky

I have chit loads of 50grain inserts if you need some
    Good one Stu.

Rested I pulled apart the 125 and 170gr Northerns and the ferrules are the same size and blades are the same size and weight so the difference was
    Steel Ferrule with screw was 106.2 grain
    Aluminium Ferrule with screw was 49.6 grain

I don't have a 135 Grand Slam to see the difference but if someone does can you see if the blade from the 135 will fit either a 125, 150, 170, 195 grain ferrule. The Little Evil ferrule is smaller as you would expect. I rang a bow shop he had all but the 135 so could not compare so that is an option also. If the 135 grand slam ferrule is 50grn your single bevel blade should weigh 85grn and if it fits on the steel ferrule should end up with 190grn single bevel (not bad I think if that's what you really want). Buying two different heads and modifying if it works is not bad really as the left overs equal the 125grn heads.

Can anyone else see if they will fit.

Cheers
    Sneaky

PS I was just told Northern were not selling off their website anymore and just through stores so if true we might not get a response to any questions maybe.
    Last edited by Sneaky; 18th May 2017 at 02:59 PM.

Better late than never

Thanks sneaky
    That's what I needed to know
    I can buy the 170 swap ferrule and sell the double bevel broadheads
    Already got 100 grain brass insert in front as is, or if I change over to widowmakers I can run 120gr outsert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast