Archeryville

New bow, sight lvl + pain

Hey guys, tried to have a look around for some answers but cannot seem to find any.

I have just set up a new Hoyt defiant 34 and fitted it with an IQ pro hunter sight, qad hdx and tight spot quiver etc.

The bow is 60/70 pounds and at 29.5 draw.

Now shooting it for the first time today I have been getting some shocking arm slaps which I have not had since I first started shooting. This is happening when I try and have the sight s bubble in the lvl centre. To me when it's center it feels like the bow is a leaning to the left.

If I don't use the lvl and just shoot naturally it seems fine and groups are pretty good but the bubble is to the left.

Anyone know what I may have done wrong? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance folks
    Matt
    You see I'm against hunting, in fact I'm a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox.
    When you set up a new sight the first thing you need to do is to put the bow in a bow vice and adjust the sight bubble so that it is level when the bow is perpendicular.
    Like magilla said, sounds like the sight needs levelling. Have a look on YouTube for videos about setting 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis on your sight

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hoyt Vector turbo 70# @28.5"
    Axcel Accutouch
    B-Stinger pro-hunter 12"
    Widowmaker Smash 300 + Northern Grunt 125
    Carter Chocolate Addiction

WTB: more time to use it

Well there you go, I had my last setup already done when I got it. This time I bought it all separate and did a fair bit of research to set it up but obviously I missed this one. It was the only thing frustrating me while the rest of the gear was fine and shot like a dream.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    You see I'm against hunting, in fact I'm a hunt saboteur. I go out the night before and shoot the fox.
    Sounds more like a grip issue - do you have the knuckles of your bow hand at 45 degrees?
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 67#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 55#