Killer Bowstrings
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Did you see any goats though paul graham? we have returned from our first jackals hide trip today long story to follow
    Quote Originally Posted by matthicks View Post
    Did you see any goats though paul graham? we have returned from our first jackals hide trip today long story to follow

Looking forward to hearing about it mate....

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc (Foundation member)
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    X2...let us know gow you went
    hunting the new england
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTERFIELD HUNTER View Post
    X2...let us know gow you went

Your back Dowdy!!!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    ADA qualified measurer

Quote Originally Posted by matthicks View Post
    Yeah mate, saw a lot of goats and got my first billy on the ground. Scored 90.5pts.
    Got busted a few times by goats just because I was inexperienced and because of the wind changing. Already looking forward to the next time I can get down there.
    Looking forward to your write-up mate

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Your back Dowdy!!!
    Only because i found my old password from years back and it worked...got me stumped.....ant didnt get back ro me and i tried the reset password option everyday with no reply......but im back..YAHOO
    hunting the new england
    Quote Originally Posted by tenterfield hunter View Post
    only because i found my old password from years back and it worked...got me stumped.....ant didnt get back ro me and i tried the reset password option everyday with no reply......but im back..yahoo
    sweet!

ADA qualified measurer

Arrived at 6am on the Sunday with a temperature of -2'c haha so was very brisk drove up to the stockyards to meet rod for the first time seemed like a decent guy and pointed us in the direction of some pigs digging up the back paddock so our hunt was to begin before we even set up camp went down had a look around plenty of tracks but nothing moving plenty of sheep could be heard in the hills but nothing for us so we packed it in after 3 hours and went to set up camp at camp B very pleased with the site
    After setting the site up we headed out to set up some trail cams to spot some hogs for the next day.
    Got cameras set up and wandered through the hills plenty of Roos but not much went to billy goats haven on the map but unfortubately rod was cutting trees down with a chainsaw and the girl had her music blaring in her car so unfortunately no goats would be janging around we walked up to the ridge and for 2 hours up and around the river bank but could hear the music the whole way so didnt see any goats unfortunately but nothing after day one.
    Day 2 up at 4am quick bite and head back to the pigs plenty more fresh diggings but no pigs so we laid in wait for about 2 hours then all of a sudden a lone piglet came wandering through the trees by himself my mate wandered off through the hills to circle back by now had disappeared so I trailed the little fella for a while and got within 35 metres of him loaded the bow with hands that were so numb I couldn't feel the bow in my hands I drew back shivering and let the arrow go as soon as I shot it I realised I missed and it took some hairs off his underside but unfortunately didn't connect he scooted off and I was left searching for my arrow in the grass disappointed I went looking to see if my mate had any luck.
    Once I caught up with him he had go pro footage of a doe and young fawn that he got within 70 metres off then took off into the Bush and that was it. Later that day seen rod and he asked how we went told him what we seen and he asked if we had seen any bucks which we had not then he said "yeah not many bucks around here anymore" which was a bit disappointing as i was looking forward to just seeing one. We then ventured up to Austin's dam which is high up on the right ridge of the property which is 500m higher elevation than the stockyards it was a hell of a drive not recommended for anyone with a vehicle you care about very overgrown but we were determined got there around lunchtime no sign of anything no droppings water wasn't disturbed no footprints rub marks wallows nothing so was a bit of a disappointment waited for as long as we could until the sun was setting for the massive decent ahead of us got back to camp day 2 ended with nothing and nothing on trail cams also.
    Day 3 woke up at 5:30 to head out early got a fire started to cook breakfast my mate was in the shower and the night was the coldest I had been in a very long time so we were frozen I was cutting firewood getting the fire roaring then once again with numb hands dropped a freshly sharpened tomahawk on my foot to which I thought was ok only to remove my sock and have to apply first aid as I had cut my foot open day 3 was then cancelled and we made the long drive back to brisbane at 8am only to have to be taken to hospital by my very happy girlfriend and d it in emergency for 7 hours to get 3 stitches....
    So all in all was a good time away camping and seen a bit of game however rod did say the creek was the lowest he had seen it for a while so game might be slim had fun shot one arrow but that's hunting and that's why we all love doing it the rush we get from shooting that one arrow
    Bad luck about the foot mate...thanks for sharing!

ADA qualified measurer

It's a shame you didn't get onto some goats. Better luck next time man!
    How did you go with the wind? I found myself constantly checking and changing my approach because the wind direction changed a lot throughout the day.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast