2Blade Productions
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
    I never thought to ask my car questions in the mechanical section. I own a BA falcon, so..... :) Hate that car!

I agree with getting rid of the old forums that aren't relevant. Many comp forums that should go, and the sub menus as well like mentioned.

It would be nice to be able to trawl through old for sale posts to get an idea what something is worth, but cleaning that up is a good idea.

So there is a moderator around. I was starting to feel like a school kid when the teacher didn't show up to class!!
    Anyone is more than welcome to ask any question in the mechanical section...if I can't help, maybe someone else can!

And yes there is a Moderator about...but also Shane works away in a mine and so can't be here all the time....but he is a very level headed bloke, and probably 1 of the most experienced and accomplished bowhunters in this country (but doesn't need the Facebook type likes to prove himself)

Cheers,

Mick

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc (Foundation member)
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailes View Post
    I'd need to think about ideas, but I would love to see the ability to close a Classified thread once i sold the item, still have it available to view for price comparison etc, but I feel it would be alot cleaner.

Ill start mentioning the forum on the podcast, given that this site has help me out for many years.
    Yeah good suggestion Craig! And congrats on the podcasts, they're cool!

Cheers,

Mick

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    ADA qualified measurer

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    Probably the biggest thing is for people to keep posting hunting stories and photos. It keeps everyone interested and inspires more than anything else. I know it is hard and takes time to do but I think it is worthwhile.
    Yeah I hear you Steve, I have tried to submit several stories but I keep timing out before I finish and then get the ****s with having to retype it again...so I give up!

Cheers mate,

Mick

ADA qualified measurer

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Maybe those that run hunting safaris - the good Michael Baker esquire and the like, could host a hunting safari as a prize for a competition. Now I know with that sort of prize on offer - it would generate a lot of interest.
    Yeah Wayne, but the problem is that no-one is following through on the comps. Rhino1 set up a comp awhile back...but no-one let him know who had won each month, so he had no-one to send the monthly winners prize to!
    Here we had a great bloke that had set-up his own small business that really couldn't afford to give stuff away for free, but wanted to give something back to the forum that he loved and wasn't able to!

Cheers mate,

Mick

ADA qualified measurer

Yeah Justo, good ideas, but we don't seem to have a problem attracting interest...just allowing and processing those interested to join and retaining those interested people in the active contributors band....

Cheers,

Mick

ADA qualified measurer

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Yeah I hear you Steve, I have tried to submit several stories but I keep timing out before I finish and then get the ****s with having to retype it again...so I give up!

Cheers mate,

Mick
    Yeah that has happened to me too Mick, very frustrating! Couple of ways around it, first is to type the whole thing up in Microsoft word, save it, and then copy and paste it into the forum. That way you can write it over a few days if you want. The other way is to break the story up into separate posts, like chapters, which I like to do for longer stories as it keeps people interested.

Great thread by the way, I hope the forum perks up again as it has been such a huge help to me over the years. Frankly, it needs more administration and moderation than it has been getting recently. I understand Antonio is too busy at the moment but something needs to change or else it will slowly fade away, which would be an absolute tragedy.

I really hope there is a solution in the near future.
    Thanks for the input and suggestions guys! Keep them coming, and hopefully we can give Antonio and the Mods something to go on.....

But also please remember that Ant works away, as does Ozzyshane..and they can't respond to you straight away. And also the fact that Ant does this for us out of the goodness of his heart...and does what he can, when he can.

Cheers

ADA qualified measurer

New competitions........

Cheers mate,

Mick
    Type it up in Google docs then cut and paste it in.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Great idea Assassin, would be awesome to see comps going again.
    Just gotta keep the wheel rolling with it.

Cheers mate,

Mick

Do as beleg said mate on Microsoft word. Ad in the links to photos youtube etc to your word document. Jump on the forum and login then go back to your word document and press control C and the back to the forum and right click mouse and paste.

From memory you can only have up to 25 links to photos videos in one post. If there is more just reply to your post and put more photos links up.
    VPA prostaff, BONE SPLITTING PERFORMANCE.

LIVE THE HUNT
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast