Arrowhead Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Second opinion.......

Evening Folks,
    Ok, I am upgrading from a 125gr to 200gr broadhead for both my compound and recurve.
    I currently draw 28.5 and use axis n- fused shafts. 340 for the compound and 400 for the recurve.
    I personally feel that I should probably step up to 300 for the wheelie and 340 for the 'curve.
    Any advice or opinions are, as always, well received.
    Have a great evening, Doc.
    Don't lie, cheat or steal..........our Government hates competition.......
    Best thing to do is get some 200gr field points and bare shaft for a correct tune.

Broadside usually has 200s in stock
    what poundage is your recurve , im shoot 400 spine with 50 gn brass insert and 250 point and my recurve is 56lb arra's fly great, just my two bobs worth
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cashews View Post
    Evening Folks,
    Ok, I am upgrading from a 125gr to 200gr broadhead for both my compound and recurve.
    I currently draw 28.5 and use axis n- fused shafts. 340 for the compound and 400 for the recurve.
    I personally feel that I should probably step up to 300 for the wheelie and 340 for the 'curve.
    Any advice or opinions are, as always, well received.
    Have a great evening, Doc.
    Need to know your draw length and poundage. But better to be stiff for the compound, 300 spine or stiffer.
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    x2 what ed said. my setup is the same with axis arrows out of my 58# recurve
    The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

Border Black Douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
    brigalow selfbow with rawhide string
    Sorry guys, 52lb recurve and 65lb compound.
    28.5 D/L
    Don't lie, cheat or steal..........our Government hates competition.......
    my compound set up, 28.5 draw 70 pound. I'm running 29 inch 250 spine+235 grain broad head. I found the 300 spine was not reactive enough, had a poor paper tear and not consistent enough on the walk back tune. I always run a bit stiffer shaft seems to tune better for me.
    I run 300's through my 56# recurve. As long as point weights above 150gn they fly great. That's full length, uncut.

Jesse.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly 2 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.
    Here's my opinion. Compound: definitely need 300 or 250 spine. If you cut your arrows a bit shorter, say 27.5 inches you may be ok at 300.
    Recurve: a bit trickier. As others have said 400 spine should work but your shaft length is more important. That is where bare shaft tuning will help and you can start full length and cut 1/4 inch at a time. Hope that helps.
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    No need for 250s unless you're using 50grn+ inserts

-= The Matter is Void =-
    -= The Matter is Void =-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast