Arrowhead Magazine
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    that knife is beautiful
  2. Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Need to bring your own drinking water too mate.....

And every night is party/social night!!

Drinking water usually have with.

Going be a different hunt for me, especially if everyone is sociable when in camp.

This group is worth considering along with others suggested
    Use to be dadsindistress but now includes mums now
    https://parentsbeyondbreakup.com/

Know 2 mates have used their services and may still be doing so.
    When was DID, it was huge change to be male focused.

Men don't talk enough, and plenty have issues that need sorting.
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    And to sweeten the deal I have an extensive walk around archery range, permanent tree stands and hides, shoot uphill, downhill, over the river and there are several kayaks to shoot from as well. As expected its maintained better than any public range.
    How do i book a weekend at your place Rhino? He no but seriously how?
  4. There's been a couple of 'what should I bring' queries so I thought I'd post some info here for everyone to take on board.
    Amenities includes a single small enclosure with hot and cold shower, hand basin and a flushing toilet. Concrete slab, solid posts, corrugated iron walls and roof, no lining. BYO toilet paper and usual toiletries. Water supply is from a header tank that gets topped up from the creek so it's probably not fit for drinking. I've used it for washing up, boiled for a cuppa coffee and washing clothes without any trouble but that was my choice.
    There is a fair bit of open ground at the campsite with plenty of trees also for those who want to swing a hammock or hootchie from trees.
    The camp is close to the creek so it's only a short walk for a swim and to throw a line in. Remember, catch and release only!
    A camp fire is no problem, plenty of branches etc laying around. I'll be bringing a chainsaw and most likely have my trailer so we can do a couple of firewood trips during the stay.
    Don't forget your chair !
  5. Bennysbow said he would go if I go (the cheeky prick) not sure if he can get on the forum at the moment so I will pay 2 lots of deposits on Monday. Paul can you swing your details through again as mybinbox was cleared. Regards Rhino
  6. pm sent bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    Bennysbow said he would go if I go (the cheeky prick) not sure if he can get on the forum at the moment so I will pay 2 lots of deposits on Monday. Paul can you swing your details through again as mybinbox was cleared. Regards Rhino
    Oohhh crap, there goes the respectability of the gathering!?! Who invited the Ranga? Hahahahaa....bring it on!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc (Foundation member)
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby1 View Post
    Going be a different hunt for me, especially if everyone is sociable when in camp....

.....Men don't talk enough, and plenty have issues that need sorting.

Mate that is the beauty of these group hunts. It is blokes getting together & exploring, hunting, fishing, doing man stuff....and not having to pretend they're something they aren't. Hunt as hard or as little as you like, check out gear supplied by our great sponsors.... No judgement on these get together's.....(unless you're a tool/flog...then there's plenty!?! hahaha...)

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    ADA qualified measurer

9. Its great to see some more interest in the group hunt. Just been talking with assassin and we're both mad keen to start ramping up for this trip.
    Its timely then that I remind everyone who is attending, to bring cash to pay the balance of their hunt fees to Rod. More to the point, bring the right change so there's no scramble to find the right notes for the right change. $20 deposit to me and pay Rod the balance of $105 for the full, 5 day event. I know there are a couple of guys who can only make a couple of days, I'm sure you can do the maths to work out your balance owing :)
    Further on the topic of cash, tickets will be selling for a multi draw raffle, so bring some $ for ticket sales as well. Some details of donated prizes will be posted on assassin's thread as they come in.
    Very important to remember, make sure your hunting organisation membership is up to date. Rod will want to sight your membership card when you arrive. This ensures you will be covered with insurance in the event something goes pear-shaped. My initial concern is assassin's fishnet stockings catching fire, but maybe that's not covered?
    Last, but not least, if you intend to hunt deer, you must have a current G or R License for NSW. Hunting goats, pig or rabbits etc doesn't require the G or R License, it's only if you intend hunting deer.
    As I said to assassin, my work life is about to ramp up for the coming 5 weeks so if I'm slow to respond to messages, I'll apologise now. I'm not ignoring messages, just trying to juggle my time to fit everything in.
    Bring on the icy cold mornings, sunny days and drinks around the campfire but I think I'm mostly looking forward to switching off my phone and sinking a few cleansing rums.
    ^^^^ I have recently contracted Leatherstone to manufacture me a handmade leather hunting thingy....so will be fine! Hahaha....bring it on!

Seriously, though...make sure you read and remember Paul's post above! And if you need hunting chaps contact Rhino1 @ Leatherstone...he is an absolute artisan in leatherwork!

ADA qualified measurer

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast