Arrowhead Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a Knife maker

Hi guys, wondering if any of our forum members have the necessary skills to forge a Damascus steel skinning knife out of some chainsaw chains that I have or know of any knife makers that can help me out.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    contact rhino he's on the forum, all his stuff is legit and comes with life time warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by dean-yowie View Post
    contact rhino he's on the forum, all his stuff is legit and comes with life time warranty
    Cheers mate, have sent him a message.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR

Looking for a Knife maker

Give rhino a shout for sure, but just the other day he announced that he was closing his business down, so he might not be able to.

Jesse.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly 2 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.
    If Rhino can’t help you out there’s a guy over here in WA ‘Barnett Custom Knives’ awesome quality and a good bloke too. Google him
    Up and see what you reckon
    Sorry mate, just real bad timing yeah I have taken a break until we move house next year, most of my machines and gear are packed up.
    Keen to see how you get on
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    Sorry mate, just real bad timing yeah I have taken a break until we move house next year, most of my machines and gear are packed up.
    Keen to see how you get on
    Willing to wait if it's something you can do mate. Rather support a forum member than a stranger.

Cheers Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

Just so you know a blade made from just chain saw chain will look cool but will not be a top of the line blade material.
    It will make a decent blade but and do the job just fine but wont hold an edge most likley as one made from a known knife
    steel. You can laminate some knife steel between some chainsaw blade and have best of both worlds but this is getting a bit more specialized.
    Cheers KIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimall View Post
    Just so you know a blade made from just chain saw chain will look cool but will not be a top of the line blade material.
    It will make a decent blade but and do the job just fine but wont hold an edge most likley as one made from a known knife
    steel. You can laminate some knife steel between some chainsaw blade and have best of both worlds but this is getting a bit more specialized.
    Cheers KIM
    Cheers Kim I appreciate what you are saying. The knife is to be more of a keepsake than a workhorse. The chains are off a saw that my elderly father bought for me a few years back and I would like to have something long after the chainsaw is worn out and my father is gone.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

I understand the connection mate if Rhino decides he cant get to it let me know I might be able to do something for you after xmas.
    Cheers KIM
    PS How many chains you got it will take a few.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast