Stalker Bows
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    I've got a mate who sounds like that when he snores.
  2. aussiehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    victoria, australia
    Posts
    22
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Graham 1967 View Post
    I've got a mate who sounds like that when he snores.
    Hahaha does he live anywhere near Mansfield?
  3. #13
    I have the same opinion as Willow, it will be male roos fighting. Having seen them doing it.
    Matt
  4. aussiehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    victoria, australia
    Posts
    22
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt61 View Post
    I have the same opinion as Willow, it will be male roos fighting. Having seen them doing it.
    Matt
    Yeah thats probly very likely, there's lots of roos around there. I have heard fighting roos, they seem to be more screechy sounding but im sure all roos sound different. Next time im up there I'll try follow the noise to find what it is.
  5. #15
    Hi Aussie When I am Sambar hunting, I practice by sneaking into the middle of feeding mobs of roo's and then going 'hoy' to see their reaction and whilst doing that, have seen many times two big male Eastern Greys sparing and making growling noises very similar to a fallow stag.
    A common mistake by people who have not heard a wild koala is to mistake them for pigs. We had them on the farm when I was a boy, koala's
    Matt
  6. aussiehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    victoria, australia
    Posts
    22
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt61 View Post
    Hi Aussie When I am Sambar hunting, I practice by sneaking into the middle of feeding mobs of roo's and then going 'hoy' to see their reaction and whilst doing that, have seen many times two big male Eastern Greys sparing and making growling noises very similar to a fallow stag.
    A common mistake by people who have not heard a wild koala is to mistake them for pigs. We had them on the farm when I was a boy, koala's
    Matt
    Thanks for the reply matt. Definitely good practice that. Yeah im heading up this weekend so I'll hang around till i hear it then ill chase it up to see what it is, excited to get to the bottom of it!
  7. aussiehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    victoria, australia
    Posts
    22
    #17
    So we went back up on the weekend, we were riding our dirtbikes when we heard some other bikes nearby. We headed over to try find them, when we stopped to listen, we heard the mystery noise! With some investigation we discovered a fluffy little koala!! Very surprised. Although the sound wasnt exactly like what we heard the first time, i think it was close enough.
  8. disco stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW
    Posts
    1,567
    #18
    Awesome-mystery solved!!
    eject, EJECT!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •