Killer Bowstrings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some very generous members

Just wanted to give a big shout out to some members on here who recently helped me out by giving me some stuff.

I was willing to pay, but these 2 members both generously gave me a rest and a few release aids. Neither wanted anything in return, and wouldn't even let me pay for postage! All for the benefit of me trying set up my old bow for a mate to have a go shooting.

One of these guys even just donated some stuff to go into the prize pool for the group hunt, purely just out of generosity and to share the love.

Not sure if they want to be named as they both seemed pretty quiet about it, but they can post up here if they are happy to be known.

Pretty touched that you guys would do this for me, someone you don't know at all, for the benefit or someone that you know even less!

Many thanks

Stuart
    eject, EJECT!!

That's good stuff.
    People open their hearts and are generous when it's big issue stuff so we know the species is good, but part of that is they are motivated by something important, and good on em.
    But the small almost insignificant acts of kindness show someone who doesn't need motivation cause their heart is always open.
    What goes around comes around. I'd bet that these two legends are happy people even when **** happens.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The Bounty, The Hunt, The Harvest
    Cheers. Yes, small acts for a non cause. Both said they want to grow the sport, but I think thats just to hide that fact that they are just generous!
    eject, EJECT!!
    That's what the site is for I hope, to help each other and encourage new people to take up a rewarding environmental pastime and past their knowledge onto hopefully a new breed of bowhunters or just archers and keep our passion continuously ongoing.

Gave my 35yo cousin my old bow so he could try and pick off some of the rabbits at his place. As I was leaving I looked back to see him walking away looking at the ground with a massive grin on his face. We all know the door that had just opened for him and the joy he felt as he contemplated the new realm. And the joy I felt having shown him the door. I'm sure in the same story above.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
    That's what the site is for I hope, to help each other and encourage new people to take up a rewarding environmental pastime and past their knowledge onto hopefully a new breed of bowhunters or just archers and keep our passion continuously ongoing.
    My mate is coming over tomorrow morning to do some work on his car. I'll get him shooting a few shots when we are done and start putting the gear to work.

Warrior Hunter: pretty generous to pass along your old bow! Has he been able to knock over some of the rabbits?
    eject, EJECT!!

Quote Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
    Warrior Hunter: pretty generous to pass along your old bow! Has he been able to knock over some of the rabbits?
    It was a 2005 compound probably barely worth selling. He offered me some money but he doesn't make much and was eyeing off my longbow so I told him to put it towards a second hand longbow. He's my cousin too and has helped me out before. Not quite the same as helping out an anonymous stranger and never seeing that grin.
    He hasn't got a rabbit yet but has come close and he's definitely hooked so it'll happen soon. Then we get to go through the skinning and eating part.
    So much joy to this game and its good to see it gets passed on and appreciated.

That's pretty cool. He is local too?

I haven't chased bunnies for a while......don't think my kids have forgiven for sneaking them into dinner still!
    eject, EJECT!!

Yeah just down the road on 2 acres and he works with landcare so spends a lot of time in the bush.
    Wild meats the best and best for you. You probably got busted cause there was finally some flavour.
    That's another thing I love about this game - those who are perceived as feral eat like kings while the snobs eat trash. Hahaha I love it!

Ha ha! It was the bunny tail they found in the backyard actually. I really wish I could eat a lot more wild meat, it was the reason I got into this, plus knocking down feral populations. It's just so hard finding places to hunt around here, as I'm sure you would know. No one seems to want to let anyone onto their land.

It almost seems wrong to me to have all these deer running around causing no end of problems in this area, and then going to down the shops and buying meat. Plus I just plain like hunting! My mate who I'm setting up the new bow for is similar to me-an environmental sense to, plus is keen to feed himself, and seems interested in hunting even though he has never done anything like it.

Being with landcare I guess your cousin might have a lot of contacts with land. Hopefully puts him in a good position to get some good access
    eject, EJECT!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast