Killer Bowstrings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calling all Blackwidow owners

I've been pondering the idea of ordering a Blackwidow for some time now. I hear they can be somewhat heavy and I'd like to shoot one before I do the dish on one. Is there anyone in Sydney that's a widow owner and would be prepared to let a stranger shoot their bow. 6 pack on offer.

Cheers

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you say somewhat heavy are you talking the actual draw weight or the overall mass of the bow? I've only owned one and found it heavier than some bows I've owned but not as heavy as my Schafer. It comes down to the woods in the riser, if you have a 1 piece or a takedown etc. Not terrible bows by any means and I only offloaded mine as it ended up as a wallhanger once my Schafer arrived. I actually found it quite light to draw (Marked 51@28 And I'm shooting around 29 1/4) and felt around the 45# Mark which was pleasant.

Can't help you with the lend of one unfortunately but good luck.
    Schafer Silvertip Recurve 65#

Thanks for your response mate
    I meant heavy in overall mass
    I'm considering the PSA takedown

I have an PCHX Ironwood 54" and its a little bit heavy, but not that I notice it when hunting all day on goats.
    Its the second one I have owned, sold the other to a mate.
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt61; 30th November 2017 at 09:17 AM.
    G’day Matt, I have a PSA 3 in autumn oak with a 5 arrow bow quiver and I find it nice and light to carry hunting, especially compared to my compound. It’s certainly heavier than comparable one piece recurves but.... hope this helps.
    Hoyt Faktor 34, 84lb @ 30", Black Eagle Renegade arrows , Killer Bowstrings.

Black Widow PSA III 60lb @ 28"

"Stop sooking and have a crack!"
    Gday mate, if you don’t require a takedown, the PTF and PSR 1 piece models aren’t that heavy. Or if you’re open to a longbow the PL is also not noticably heavy. I’ve owned quiet a few and out of all of them the PSA was the heaviest.

Cheers, Scott.
    Big Jim Thunder Child TD.
    Big Jim Thunder Child
    Java Man Falcon.
    Java Man Elkheart TD incoming...

Thanks for your replies fellas
    How would you all compare their shooting capability to other bows you have owned?

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Gday mate, if you donít require a takedown, the PTF and PSR 1 piece models arenít that heavy. Or if youíre open to a longbow the PL is also not noticably heavy. Iíve owned quiet a few and out of all of them the PSA was the heaviest.

Cheers, Scott.
    Hey Scott
    I'm considering a TD longbow. I like the idea of have a few different poundage limbs. I've been shooting a one piece bearpaw Blackfoot I bought off Pete on this forum. Very pleasant to shoot and it weighs nothing

You know you can’t buy limbs for a 2- piece longbow right?....;-)

Black Widows shoot really well, they are very smooth and have very little hand shock once dialed in. This is partly to do with the weight. It makes them stable and dead in the hand. The trade off is they can get tiring to shoot if your doing 100+ arrows down the club, or you’re lugging it through the mountains with you.
    A takedown PL longbow is a great choice though, they’re probably the lightest of the BW’s. Theyre great bows.

Cheers, Scott.
    Big Jim Thunder Child TD.
    Big Jim Thunder Child
    Java Man Falcon.
    Java Man Elkheart TD incoming...

Thanks for the response Scott. I think ultimately I will get a widow they get great reviews I guess I'm guess looking for justification to spend the money lol

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast