Killer Bowstrings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Magilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Macquarie
    Posts
    3,156
    #1

    Are there any good cheap game cameras available now?

    Our club is looking to increase security by installing additional cameras, has anyone had any luck with any of the cheap ones coming out of China?
    Some of the Cabela's branded cameras have good reviews and I would expect they get them from China but their postage lifts the price considerably.
    We need something with a 60' range which most seem to have, resolution good enough to recognize a face or rego number, not too flash but don't want to waste our money on crap.
    Last time I looked at cameras there were about a dozen to choose from, now there are hundreds.
  2. Hyndsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charters Towers, Queensland
    Posts
    465
    #2
    You can get genuine Stealth Cam cameras off flea bay from around 80 and 100 bucks a pop. They are arguably one of the better cameras out there. Each to their own but I love their product. Not sure if that’s a low enough price or not but just letting you know.
    There are a few guys I know that run the ones you can get from ALDI at one stage. Not sure of the quality personally but they are happy with those as well. Cheers
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

    Hunt hard and often...

    Prime Centergy @ 80#
    Hoyt CRX35 @ 72#
    Easton N-Fused
    Helix Broadheads
  3. Magilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Macquarie
    Posts
    3,156
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyndsie View Post
    You can get genuine Stealth Cam cameras off flea bay from around 80 and 100 bucks a pop. They are arguably one of the better cameras out there. Each to their own but I love their product. Not sure if that’s a low enough price or not but just letting you know.
    There are a few guys I know that run the ones you can get from ALDI at one stage. Not sure of the quality personally but they are happy with those as well. Cheers
    Yes mate, that is about our price range, the Cabelas branded cheap ones will cost us $150 each delivered, these are the ones I was looking at.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...2.uts?slotId=1
    I will check out the Stealth cam's, thanks for the reply.
  4. ricochet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Shepparton. Vic
    Posts
    519
    #4
    Check out the following, I have a couple of these, for the price they are OK, photos during the day look fine, but remember with Game cameras , most will not be of normal camera quality, but for the job they do are OK, it all depends on how much you want to spend i guess....

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12MP-HD-T...4383.l4275.c10
    UNBELIEVABLE
  5. Magilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Macquarie
    Posts
    3,156
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    Check out the following, I have a couple of these, for the price they are OK, photos during the day look fine, but remember with Game cameras , most will not be of normal camera quality, but for the job they do are OK, it all depends on how much you want to spend i guess....

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12MP-HD-T...4383.l4275.c10
    Thanks Rick I will look into them.
  6. #6
    BCF sell a low end Primos proof cam. I bought one a while back. It's not a bad little camera and warranty is local and easy. If you have family, a friend or club member that has a contact working there the discount is worth a look. My sister in law picked one up for me working there.....maybe I should get a couple more
  7. Magilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Macquarie
    Posts
    3,156
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    BCF sell a low end Primos proof cam. I bought one a while back. It's not a bad little camera and warranty is local and easy. If you have family, a friend or club member that has a contact working there the discount is worth a look. My sister in law picked one up for me working there.....maybe I should get a couple more
    Thanks Bruce, I will check them out.
  8. #8
    Ive been using the ones aldi sold there great $120 and clear photos.ive had them out for month on end and work great.cheers
    Hoyt Carbon spyder 70#
    Revolution 250 arrows
    2 blade 150g OZ cut broadheads
  9. Magilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Port Macquarie
    Posts
    3,156
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Fallow1 View Post
    Ive been using the ones aldi sold there great $120 and clear photos.ive had them out for month on end and work great.cheers
    Thanks mate, I have only heard good things about the Aldi ones. It appears even the cheapest units are now pretty reliable compared to ten years ago.
  10. ricochet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Shepparton. Vic
    Posts
    519
    #10
    checked my camera today, this from a Ltl Acorn camera....




    Cheers,
    Rick
    UNBELIEVABLE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •