TUSX

Queensland resident wanting to hunt NSW state forest...how?

Hi everyone,

So I live in qld (2hrs north of nsw boarder) and have been trying to find information on how I can get into the state forests for a self guided hunt. In qld we just need permission from the land owner as we donít have access to public land, but I am getting a little confused with what steps to take from here. I know I need an R-type licence but can not find information on obtaining one specifically for new as a qld resident. If thes application for a r license requires I be in an approved club does that have to be state specific as well? Sorry for the silly questions but I am new to hunting (or having the desire to hunt) and reading the DPI NSW website isnít answering everything I want to know.

Thank you in advance for any info u can provide.

Aif (0_o)
    I've done it in Darwin, Had to get ABA membership and get one of the accredited course instructors to run you through the booklet and answer the questionnaire at the end. Paperwork gets sent off to NSW DPI and licence comes in the mail. You are also required to sit the BPC (Bowhunter proficiency course) as far as I am aware however Mick AKA Assassin is up to speed with all the info and I believe he is an accredited instructor. Maybe send him a PM.
    Schafer Silvertip Recurve 65#
    G`Day Mate

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. You will need to be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO), it does not need to be in NSW. The Ridge group http://www.theridgegroup.net right in your back yard is approved and will help you out.

You will also need to do an R licence accreditation course. I done it with this company on the Sunshine Coast, you can probably find something closer to Brisbane.

Ballistic Firearms Pty. Ltd.
    PO Box 7502
    Sippy Downs QLD 4556
    www.ballisticfirearms.com.au
    Mobile – 04 9779 9526

Don't hesitate to contact the the dpi, any time I've spoken with them they have been very helpful

02 6391 3750
    game.licensing@dpi.nsw.gov.au
    Thank you both for the information I’ve heard roomers of a safety course in north lakes that is pretty close to me so I’ll see if I can do my safety cert there or up the coast. I didn’t really read anything about the bow hunting proficiency test but will have another look through the DPI page and PM Mike to see what’s involved.

Thanks again : )

Aif (0_o)
    Gday mate all you need is to be a member of a AHO club and do a R licence test. Contact the head DPI 0263913750 in Orange they should be able to let you know who the closest R licence accreditor is to you.its pretty straight forward.when you recive your licence then theres 2 online courses you do thru the DPI hunting site.good luck mate cheers
    Hoyt Carbon spyder 70#
    Revolution 250 arrows
    2 blade 150g OZ cut broadheads
    Mate if you dont already have one you will need a GPS or phone that will handle the DPI maps and software. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Fallow1 View Post
    Gday mate all you need is to be a member of a AHO club and do a R licence test. Contact the head DPI 0263913750 in Orange they should be able to let you know who the closest R licence accreditor is to you.its pretty straight forward.when you recive your licence then theres 2 online courses you do thru the DPI hunting site.good luck mate cheers
    Pretty well sums it up entirely.....
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Thank you for the information: )

Queensland resident wanting to hunt NSW state forest...how?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Turner View Post
    Mate if you dont already have one you will need a GPS or phone that will handle the DPI maps and software. Cheers
    Have you got any suggestions for software/hardware?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk