Arrowhead Magazine

2007 Hilux diesel 4wd

G'day Mick , looking at one of the above to buy ,is there anything I should be looking at in these that could be a problem ,149000km on the speedo . cheers kerry
    Kerry, I'm not a mechanic, but have one of these. The KUN26R motor has a known fault in injector 1, my understanding is the seal (or equivalent) isn't up to the task and fails on some motors (mine for example), the EGR valves (anti-pollution valve) in the manifold can also be a problem but I don't think thats a well documented issue, otherwise I found it a good vehicle, easy to fit dual batteries into, light bars etc. hope that helps from a non-mechanics point of view.
    Dan
    PSE stinger 3g @60lb
    Trophy ridge micro revolution rest
    IQ ultra lite 5 pin
    Easton power fight 400
    Quote Originally Posted by dan73 View Post
    Kerry, I'm not a mechanic, but have one of these. The KUN26R motor has a known fault in injector 1, my understanding is the seal (or equivalent) isn't up to the task and fails on some motors (mine for example), the EGR valves (anti-pollution valve) in the manifold can also be a problem but I don't think thats a well documented issue, otherwise I found it a good vehicle, easy to fit dual batteries into, light bars etc. hope that helps from a non-mechanics point of view.
    Dan
    cool, thanx for the input Dan, its going through the dealers workshop next week so i'll have to sus that out cheers kerry
    Yeah mate, as dan said they suffer from leaking injector seals. This causes the pistons to grenade and stuff the engine, making for a very costly repair bill. See if the dealer will replace them for you as Toyota are very aware of this fault in the 1KD engine....

Cheers mate.
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    ok thanx Mick , I'll make sure its done if I go ahead with it. cheers kerry