Ozcut Broadheads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hoyt Recurve Question.

Just curious is there anything up with these?
    Ive been seeing these for sale everywhere at the moment, heaps on ebay and the local pawnbroker has 2 buffalos and a satori on the display wall.
    They aren't a cheap bow just wondering why people are so keen to part with them.

Hoyt Recurve Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    Just curious is there anything up with these?
    Ive been seeing these for sale everywhere at the moment, heaps on ebay and the local pawnbroker has 2 buffalos and a satori on the display wall.
    They aren't a cheap bow just wondering why people are so keen to part with them.
    I had a Hoyt gamemaster 2, was a good bow but I just didn't click with the looks. Never should have bought it really.

Jesse.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly 2 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.
    Not enough wood ���� they are ILF type risers if you're into that I guess but as you said a bit rich for something mass produced and made out of an alloy riser if you ask me.
    Schafer Silvertip Recurve 65#
    Plenty of wood in handmade works of art ;)
    Hi mate Buffalos are a great bow fast accurate, shoot where you look and look good and take a hammering.
    You can adjust draw weight by 5% of peak limb weight and the tiller is also very adjustable if you want to adjust it for different shooting styles; split, 3 under, string walking etc.
    They are the fastest recurve i have shot by a significant amount and that was testing a number of the same weight through chronos.
    I think the main issue is that they use the Hoyt Formula system, hence the speed and they are not ILF which makes the limbs harder to get and more expensive hence people are always on the lookout for second hand sets for sale.
    If you know of any buff limbs for sale i am always interested.
    Cheers
    Yeah fair enough, they have good reviews so just thought I would ask.
    I suppose because of the name, a big % of sales would be compound shooters looking to try trad and then end up for sale 3 months later
    What model hunting style hoyt curves are there that do not have the wrist brace thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Turner View Post
    Hi mate Buffalos are a great bow fast accurate, shoot where you look and look good and take a hammering.
    You can adjust draw weight by 5% of peak limb weight and the tiller is also very adjustable if you want to adjust it for different shooting styles; split, 3 under, string walking etc.
    They are the fastest recurve i have shot by a significant amount and that was testing a number of the same weight through chronos.
    I think the main issue is that they use the Hoyt Formula system, hence the speed and they are not ILF which makes the limbs harder to get and more expensive hence people are always on the lookout for second hand sets for sale.
    If you know of any buff limbs for sale i am always interested.
    Cheers
    Hi Ian I have a set of 65lb limbs for a buffalo if interested

Thanks
    I have a Hoyt Dorado in 65lb which I love, didn't shoot it for while so purchased a Buffalo in 55lb to get my form back. I then was offered a set of 55lb limbs to suit my Dorado so the buffalo is up for sale now as I will work back up to 65lb. I do prefer the Buffalo and would say it is the best modern hunting bow, after all they are essentially a Olympic recurve in a hunting set up so can't get much better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I have a Hoyt Dorado in 65lb which I love, didn't shoot it for while so purchased a Buffalo in 55lb to get my form back. I then was offered a set of 55lb limbs to suit my Dorado so the buffalo is up for sale now as I will work back up to 65lb. I do prefer the Buffalo and would say it is the best modern hunting bow, after all they are essentially a Olympic recurve in a hunting set up so can't get much better than that.
    .....Keep talking..... :D.... 55lb sounds good
    I have a Gamemaster 2 and love it. Granted they don’t look much but handles exceptionally well. Shooting traditionally and arrows are fast and going exactly where I’m looking. There are some ugly bows out there just depends how they perform. Use my Gamemaster 2 for hunting and have taken half a dozen rabbits with it. Love it.
    Hoyt Gamemaster 2 50# Gringa longbow 56#
    Gold tips 3555
    Tusker Spirits 125gr
    Judo points 125gr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast