Hoyt Archery

Thread: More on Q Fever

More on Q Fever

After contacting Q Fever about 8 years ago my health has never recovered 100%, the doctors have sent me for all sorts of tests and all I get nothing wrong go pop a pill. I just found a site that might be helpful to other sufferers and those keen to learn more about this disease, the sites are Q Fever after effects and Q Fever side effects hope this is helpful cheers Keith.
    Last edited by Daktari; 13th February 2018 at 09:07 AM.
    Doctors suck with pretty much anything other than the flu, and even then it's a waste of time. Long years of dealing with fatigue.

Interested to know how you caught it etc
    eject, EJECT!!
    Working in the dairy industry, building and renovating and repairing them as well as supplying all the chemicals they used, did it for 5 or 6 years, nocked the crap out of me.
    Having a read of it, it seems like is hard to avoid even if you don't touch the animals

Have you considered seeing a naturopath? I was let cynical about them but they have done wonders for me
    eject, EJECT!!
    Yep, not worth it. Go and get the jab, though it was possibly the most painful one I've ever had. Cost me $140 in Vic and no issues signing up, but I'd say worth every cent
    With the fatigue I couldn't work for a year and a half after what was probably a fairly normal virus nearly gave me kidney damage. If you're interested I had some dramatic improvements with the ideas of Wim Hof. A special type of breathing training and cold showers (after the breathing the best time I did for holding my breath was 3 min 15 sec, crazy stuff).

Think one of my problems was inflammation, and then the breathing and associated ideas help you get more control over body systems that should be automatic but you can consciously control if you learn how to. My idea with the post viral fatigue I suffered from was that it was something my in my body overreacting and attacking me, similar to an autoimmune thing.

There's a good book about all this called What doesn't kill us, it's stuff at the forefront of understanding what the human body is capable of and how modern living without environmental hardship actually makes us weak. Wim Hof has all sorts of legitimate scientifically-observed records like spending 2 hours in ice water without dropping his core temp and climbing Everest with no shirt or oxygen.

(As an aside that electrolyte thread made me wonder about the kidney problem - at my busiest I once drank 4.5 litres of water in an hour and a half removing a big bougainvillea. Wonder if all the sweating I did here in Brisbane damaged my kidneys, I didn't know anything about the electrolytes.)
    That guy sounds insane. Did a bit of googling on him. For fear of derailing this thread I'll take it to PM

I think a lot of long term issues come down to inflammation. Lots of research is starting to show that depression and anxiety is inflammation related. It seems most of my issues started with Ross River fever and glandular fever about 16yrs ago, had both in the space of a year. Doesn't surprise me at all that Qfever could also lead to long term issues like that
    eject, EJECT!!
    Forgot to mention I have had Ross River Fever, bitten by a brown snake and a black snake and survived 3 marriages, does this mean I am smart or what
    Wow.....That all takes the cake!!
    eject, EJECT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
    Forgot to mention I have had Ross River Fever, bitten by a brown snake and a black snake and survived 3 marriages, does this mean I am smart or what
    Sounds like you're about as lucky as Ted Mitchell mate.
    Ive been burnt twice by the old red belly, uncomfortable, sickly chit that is.