Ozcut Broadheads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peep sight ?

Peep sight ?

Need to replace my peep sight.
    Still haven't replaced my strings so would rather stick with a tubed peep to prevent rotation.
    Thinking of a Specialty archery super hunter kit #753LH
    1/4" large hooded peep
    1/8" reducer
    And clip on tube aligner + tube.

As I understand it i can use it without the aligner and tube once I replace my strings

Anyone tried one?
    Anyone tried one with a 2" sight housing?

Anyone with a 2" housing on their sight and a ~29" draw know what size peep they use ?
    Going to direct as no one local seems to stock them so would rather know for sure if I should get the 1/4 kit with reducer or just go 1/8 kit.
    Everything I've read seems to be subjective opinions and not from anyone who has done actual research into it.

Other suggestions for alternatives?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Hey buddy, I know its not really what your asking but its an alternative, a decent string and a properly served in meta peep will do away with the need for the tubing, if you tune your own gear (which every bowhunter should), a peep that rotates is NOT normal and will be cause to re tune and check your gear, string, set up etc.
    But if you really prefer the tubing maybe do us up a review of the new set up.
    Cheers Ryan.
    I have a 2in housing on my sureloc and i run a 5/16th meta peep which is spot on. I shot 4 peeps in total to be happy but im shooting a prime rival at 29.5in which is 35in axel to axel. The strings from factory have been great and ive had little tuning to do and absolutely no peep rotation from day 1.
    PRIME RIVAL #70lb
    QAD ultra rest hdx
    Viper single pin sight
    axion stabilizer
    Outback supremes or g5 montecs

Sponsored by The Archers Den,
    Invergowrie (Armidale) Nsw
    0411 051 489
    thearchersden@outlook.com
    Hey mate,
    Your dilemma is exactly what I put myself through about 6 months ago.
    In the end, I cut my losses and upgraded to a better string and a 5/16 Meta Peep.
    The amount of grief and second guessing you put yourself through, not to mention inconsistent accuracy is not worth it.
    I had my bow restrung and peep install for just over $95.
    Tighter groups, far better sight picture and confidence in my rig is worth every cent.
    Best of luck, Doc.
    Don't lie, cheat or steal..........our Government hates competition.......

Peep sight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino1 View Post
    Hey buddy, I know its not really what your asking but its an alternative, a decent string and a properly served in meta peep will do away with the need for the tubing, if you tune your own gear (which every bowhunter should), a peep that rotates is NOT normal and will be cause to re tune and check your gear, string, set up etc.
    But if you really prefer the tubing maybe do us up a review of the new set up.
    Cheers Ryan.
    Nah, its not a preference. Just one of those things that has never been right since day one.
    Suppose now I have a press I should correct it. Hadn't got around to it since the self aligning was compensating.

-= The Matter is Void =-

Peep sight ?

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I have a 2in housing on my sureloc and i run a 5/16th meta peep which is spot on. I shot 4 peeps in total to be happy but im shooting a prime rival at 29.5in which is 35in axel to axel. The strings from factory have been great and ive had little tuning to do and absolutely no peep rotation from day 1.
    I'm 29" draw but only 31" ata.
    I think 37deg would be right for me ?

-= The Matter is Void =-

Peep sight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cashews View Post
    Hey mate,
    Your dilemma is exactly what I put myself through about 6 months ago.
    In the end, I cut my losses and upgraded to a better string and a 5/16 Meta Peep.
    The amount of grief and second guessing you put yourself through, not to mention inconsistent accuracy is not worth it.
    I had my bow restrung and peep install for just over $95.
    Tighter groups, far better sight picture and confidence in my rig is worth every cent.
    Best of luck, Doc.
    Who did you have do that ?
    Was it just string and peep ? Or cables as well?
    I've been eyeing off a set of killer bow strings since I got to try a bow with them on.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    Killer Bow strings are definitely the go - but installing a proper peep and setting it for you is a very easy process - and much better than the tubing and less chance of being struck in the eye when the rubber perishes....BTW Fletcher tru peep are as good as any and cheaper than most.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#

Peep sight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Killer Bow strings are definitely the go - but installing a proper peep and setting it for you is a very easy process - and much better than the tubing and less chance of being struck in the eye when the rubber perishes....BTW Fletcher tru peep are as good as any and cheaper than most.
    Yeah, first bow with a peep as I've always shot instinctive or peepless so it will be Google instructions.
    Tube breaking doesn't actually seem to do anything. I've had it happen twice due to perished rubber but there is so little tension in it that it couldn't possibly hit an eye.
    Might see what Son of a Gun in St Marys have in stock in the way of peeps. They stock G5 broadheads and a heap of more obscure things so might be in luck. Save me a trip into Benson's.
    Also be good to see what they charge for their indoor range time while I'm at it. Pretty sure it's 40m so could be good practice on rainy days.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    If you have a press - happy to help.... and found this- includes post

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jim-Flet...EpCNpxqazBoNfg
    Last edited by Johnno; 15th March 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast