Hoyt Archery
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

opinions on boots

hi there fellow hunters

I am in the look out for some new hunting boots and was just curious on people experience on what are a good boot.

I have been using general army issue boots which are great but just wanting to find something a bit more comfortable for the long hunts. have been looking at hunters element yankee boots and very keen on trying them out in the bush.

was chasing something soft on the foot and has good ankle support any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys
    Hey mate,
    I use Scarpa’s! They’re light, soft and have fairly good support for your ankles! But I guess it comes down to how it feels on your feet! Often Paddy Pallin down in Ringwood have some sales that you can pick up some decently priced ones, if your from Vic that is
    I use Miroku 30 - Aus made - super lightweight, excellent ankle support and comfort and provide great traction when traversing through mud, wet grass banks over moss etc.......BTW I have some like new Hunters Elements Foxtrot boots for sale - what size boot are you?
    Last edited by Johnno; 6th April 2018 at 11:49 AM.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Just bought a pair of Hunters Element Victor boots. Not what you would call a general purpose boot but more of an Alpine boot.
    I generally don't like high ankle support but was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable these are & their build quality appears to be excellent.
    When I need to replace my everyday hunting boots I will definitely be looking at the rest of the Hunters Element range. I like the look of the Lima's but the Yankee's would be a good choice if you like the look of camo.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    I find it pretty hard to beat hi tops made by runnING shoe companies. Really comfortable, zero break in and quite sensitive. Salomon, inob8 and hokas are great. Friends rave about merrels too. Downside can be durability. I've also had great experience with scarpa, not as comfy or light as aforementioned brands but will last longer
    What size are they Johnno? I'm in the market currently
    eject, EJECT!!
    Stu - USA 9 - 43 Euro.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    Thanks Johnno-not going to fit unfortunately
    eject, EJECT!!
    i got some full leather Scarpas when they were 50% off at paddypalin. And they are fantastic. Super comfy, memory foam ankle support and water proof.

For Summer I use Dunlop volleys. The grippiest, quietest shoe Ive ever walked in. Great if you don't have bad ankles
    No worries Stu
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast