Apex Archery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PB Buck

PB Buck

After getting a butt kicking chasing Reds this year i swapped the Reds for Fallow & finally my luck changed for the better.
    This buck was holding a bunch of doe's and croaking his head off when i managed to get into 100m just on daylight. I had just taken my boots off for the final stalk when a spiker tore through cutting one of his doe's out of the mob & tearing past me.
    I quickly knocked an arrow & prepared for the inevitable chase that would peruse.
    The big fella came steaming past at 25yds passing behind a big stringy bark tree giving me the chance to draw undetected. As he passed almost broadside I doe called twice which was enough to bring him to a halt. Slightly quartering on i aimed just infront of his near side shoulder & the broadhead exited just behind the offside shoulder. At the shot he bolted but only made it 50m before running out of steam and toppling over.
    As a bowhunter you work your butt off all year to get an opportunity at a mature buck and to have it all come together makes the effort worth while. The buck was covered in scars with torn ears and what i later discovered was a broadhead wound to the shoulder which didn't seem to slow him down one bit.
    He will now take pride of place in my home & I expect won't be bettered any time soon.
    I hope others are experiencing some succes this rut and look forward to reading some more stories. Good luck to all.

Bert

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hunterbyname&bynature; 14th April 2018 at 06:35 PM.
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    Well done Bert
    Stalker Stickbows
    Nice, that's one solid boy
    If you don't do it, you won't do it, and if at first you don't succeed, it's more than likely because you're crap at it.
    Well done mate. Bet the adrenaline was pumping for that one!
    What a stonker.... fill the freezer nicely
    Good onya mate he is a cracker for sure.

Sneak
    Stick, String and Sharp Things what could possibly go wrong?

Sneak, Sneak, Sneak, Whack!!!

RUN BOY RUN UPA TREE UPA TREE!!!!

PB Buck

Lovely buck mate, a real warrior with plenty of character. Cool that he had a wound from a Broadhead too, makes him even more special.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    Hell yeah that's an awesome fallow Bert congrats, what a great set of palms on that fella, couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, well done bowhunter.
    Thanks for the positive comments fellas.

I'm pretty sure I know who hit him before me so I will be sure to catch up and let him know that the buck survived that hit. I know that I would have been devastated to hit & loose a buck like that so will put his mind to rest and I'm sure he'd like a closer look at him.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    Bert is it a south aus fellow
    don't need to be armed to find peace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast