Apex Archery
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good tips, I have a 2016 BT50 GT model.
    Still got warranty so pay mazda $50 for their Taiwan made filter and sump plug washer and get local bloke to change it at 10,000km.
    I use the Nulon psudo full synth as it's about $100 on special at supercheap or repco.
    The penrite seems a bit dearer when I find the good stuff.
    It's a worry as both oil and fuel filters are tiny, may fit a second fuel filter after the 3 years when I no longer bend over for mazda.
    Mate a 2micron secondary filter was the first thing I did to my ranger. Worth its weight in gold
    Hii Mick can you say what non detergent flush cleaner you use?

cheers, Pete.
    Quote Originally Posted by bright1 View Post
    Hii Mick can you say what non detergent flush cleaner you use?

cheers, Pete.
    Yeah Pete, It's a professional quality one made by Interject Vehicle Products....

Cheers,
    Mick
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    QUOTE=assassin;230363]Yeah quite right Shifty!...Ultratune, and many others (including Ford Dealerships) have been caught out with this! I actually had

The recommended procedure is before you drain the oil, make sure you have enough oil to put back in already beside you. Drain the oil until it stops "Flowing out", refit the drain plug, refill oil immediately, and start the engine.....then replace the oil filter quickly and start again...finally adjust the oil level to be at the correct level!

It has cost a lot of companies a lot of money!! Most oil and additive companies have released and published warnings to workshops to try and help!

Cheers mate

Mick
    Best practice for this is to replace the oil filter first, make sure the vehicle is warm, then drain the oil. Fill and start the vehicle. I've got a 2017 ranger that gets serviced every 7500, it gets every filter every service, because ford trade club allows me to buy filter kit for 76 bucks. Oil costs me under $100 for penrite vantage full synthetic 5w30 liquimoly engine detox and liquimoly mos2 every service aswell.[/QUOTE]

Good advice Buckman, I do believe this is the latest update for the servicing of these engines, and makes perfect sense!

I have been advised by our local Ford Dealership that this problem has been fixed in the later model Rangers...mind you, that same dealership rang me and asked what to do with a Ranger that they had just serviced that was having the cavitation problem! (Freaking out and not knowing what to do!?!)

Cheers,

Mick
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Yeah Mick, the old fill it to the lid with oil sit for 24hrs and drain to the correct level and hope it gets oil pressure trick lol yeah I do believe the issue is "sorted" in the px2, but it's still not a risk I'm willing to take lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12