Hoyt Archery

Is this normal - Pregnant Nanny

Shot a nanny yesterday, and checking out her organs post butchering I discovered that she was pregnant and the uterus was full of these small white tumor like growths. Talking to my wife, she suggested they could be fibroids (very common in people I believe). They were all very similar in size, ~25mm in diameter.

Anyone seen anything else like this, should I turf the meat? She was very healthy otherwise except for a healing wound on one rear leg - full of fat and from what I could see liver etc. were in perfect condition.

Is this normal - Pregnant Nanny

Quote Originally Posted by flyonline View Post
    Shot a nanny yesterday, and checking out her organs post butchering I discovered that she was pregnant and the uterus was full of these small white tumor like growths. Talking to my wife, she suggested they could be fibroids (very common in people I believe). They were all very similar in size, ~25mm in diameter.

Anyone seen anything else like this, should I turf the meat? She was very healthy otherwise except for a healing wound on one rear leg - full of fat and from what I could see liver etc. were in perfect condition.

Hey mate, don't stress. They are very common in goats and sheep and shrink as the young develops. The best thing about goat meat is the fact that they eat above head. This means that they consume abrasive feed and oils which kill most of the bugs that hurt us. Deer are the same if in the wild and it's as rare as hell to have any issue with bugged meat.
    The biggest tell in any animal is lesions or puss tubes on the lungs, discolouration in the liver means a few things but stay away from that also.
    Eat away mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You see it in all ruminants, no reason to not eat your goat.
    Thanks gents, good to know!