Killer Bowstrings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yes,I'm from South Australia

IMG_20180516_084527.jpgIMG_20180516_084857.jpgIMG_20180516_084852.jpgIMG_20180516_085023.jpg

So,on a bit of a dare I shot and ate a crow this morning. Breasted him out fresh,dipped the breast in salt and pepper,and fried it in butter out in the field.
    Verdict.
    One of the best wild birds I've ever eaten,seconded by my work mate who said he'd even pay for it !!!!
    Nice one big pete, doesnt look that appetising until it was in the pan. I'm not game enough to tell people some of the stuff I eat out bush but I recently got the missus to eat winged termites with me, those things are pretty damn good too
    I've only eaten normal termites,they're a bit gritty

Honestly mate I'd you didn't see it come from a crow you'd think it was pigeon till you tasted how much better it was lol
    Nice one mate. 100 years ago no one would bat an eyelid at someone doing that. People are soft these days.
    Meat is meat. As long as it came from a healthy animal there’s a fair chance I’d give it go.

Cheers, Scott.
    I’m impressed Pete. That’s a first that I’ve heard of eating crow mate. I’m definitely open to trying any of it so hats off to you buddy. You will have to try pelican. Tastes very similar to rabbit. No breast but. All in the drumsticks.......
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 70#
    Hoyt CRX35 @ 72#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads
    There's a youtuber called Scott Rea that did crow basically the same way.

He reckoned it was pretty good, but it looked a little too far on the rare side for safety IMO.
    He did a lot of stuff with his though with all the brining and crap.
    Mine was flying around 15min earlier lol
    Good job. Often wondered about crow. Also Fox but always pussied out of frying one up. Anyone give fox a taste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    Good job. Often wondered about crow. Also Fox but always pussied out of frying one up. Anyone give fox a taste?
    I’m pretty sure that ‘ Randal’ gave Fox a go. Something that I’m not too sure I could do, but hey. Maybe
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 70#
    Hoyt CRX35 @ 72#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads
    That's next ;)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast