DNA Bowhunting
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

This aint a great look for bowhunters

Wonder what the reaction will be from the u.s insta/podcast/youtube bowhunting "celebs" who have been bringing him on hunts since he was charged and did a runner overseas will be

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Mick I suspect there is bound to be fall out - given the vast bible belt fringe in the US and their holier than thou approach to most things - the sponsors will not want anyone who is less than a pillar of virtue associated with them. I can only suspect that rather than mount of defence - based from the US which would no doubt be very costly - he may have thought a throw your hands up and plea approach may have left less of a social media fingerprint. Who knows but the feline is well and truly out of the suitcase - so unfortunately for AG I suspect the faeces is about to hit the rotating cooling device big time!
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.

Well. That is crap. It's now officially cheeper to go poach in a national park than go on a guided hunt apparently.
    Hopefully they will appeal the conviction and take his hunting licenses in Oz.

-= The Matter is Void =-

Altho if I'm reading the regs right he has a criminal record now involving harming animals which would make him ineligible for r/g lic anyhow. Guess he's done in nsw for the next 10 years.

-= The Matter is Void =-

I may be wrong, but by not getting convicted doesn't that mean it doesn't go on his record?

Jesse.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
    The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death - Robert Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Saromango View Post
    I may be wrong, but by not getting convicted doesn't that mean it doesn't go on his record?

Jesse.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that confused me for a bit, Depends on the magistrate they can still record it if they want, just usually don't. It's irrelevant tho. Regulation says guilty not convicted, he plead guilty so can't legally get a licence in nsw.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Altho if I'm reading the regs right he has a criminal record now involving harming animals which would make him ineligible for r/g lic anyhow. Guess he's done in nsw for the next 10 years.

With the current 3 year suspension of deer regs in NSW it only will affect him for "R" or legal hunting in declared forests.
    Effectively you don't require "G" licence until November 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Saromango View Post
    A guilty plea means that you accept the charges that have been laid- or you admit you have acted unlawfully - there is now a criminal record with such a notation made by court. So if asked on any questionnaire " have you ever been charged with a criminal offence" he will have to respond in the affirmative. So for all those saying he got off scot-free that is not the case, he has definitely paid. He has paid financially as legal representation especially "silk" i.e. barristers do not come cheap, he has paid privately as no doubt it has irreversibly damaged his reputation, here and overseas, and he has paid psychologically as he has to bear the stigma of a criminal record. Whilst some may critique the lack of monetary penalty imposed by the court, given his personal antecedents, in my view the court ruling was appropriate.
    Last edited by Johnno; 13th March 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    A guilty plea means that you accept the charges that have been laid- or you admit you have acted unlawfully - there is now a criminal record with such a notation made by court. So if asked on any questionnaire " have you ever been charged with a criminal offence" he will have to respond in the affirmative.
    During application for hunting licences in most US states and Canadian provinces the applicant is asked precisely that. Even more specific to wildlife offences in most cases.

Will be interesting to see if this impacts his ability to hunt in north America or if it's a case of 'as you were'.

If it doesn't, what do you have to do?
    The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

Border Black Douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
    brigalow selfbow with rawhide string
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast