Arrowhead Magazine
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This aint a great look for bowhunters

On the back of the 37 year old Mereweather bowhunter that got pinched by NSW Police for allegedly poaching in a National Park, this has just been released by NSW Police.

Understand that's it only alleged activity and nothing has been through the courts yet, but what the hell are these people thinking?! Now two more have been pinched for poaching, a 23 year old from Cranebrook and a 23 year old from Pemulwuy.

Pt 1.jpg
    Pt 2.jpg
    Last edited by Myst; 5th July 2018 at 11:33 AM.
    Alan Specketer

I am currently experiencing life at a rate of several WTF's a minute
    I wouldn't be upset if ABA were to make a public statement about the issue. But to tell you the truth I think we'd all be floored if we knew just how much poaching goes on.
    My first R-Licence hunt there were three different groups illegally spotlighting over the weekend I was out.
    It doesn't get more conspicuous than driving around in the middle of the night with a million candlepower beacon to give you away while letting off a bunch of gunshots. Never mind the deterrent of having your guns seized and your licence revoked.
    If that many blokes felt they could poach with impunity using that method just imagine how many are willing to take a punt on a quiet stroll through the bush with a bow they wouldn't be prohibited from replacing even IF they got caught.
    Sh1tney (as little as possible), also Central Coast
    Seriously, if our governments followed a system similar to what's used in USA, and opened up more public land and national parks for bow hunting, a lot less people wouldhunt illegally.
    People are hunting feral pests that do huge amounts of damage to the "protected" environment they roam uncontrolled.
    Managed hunting could be a huge win for all involved if greens and bureaucrats could get their heads out of their collective arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgudgeon View Post
    Seriously, if our governments followed a system similar to what's used in USA, and opened up more public land and national parks for bow hunting, a lot less people wouldhunt illegally.
    People are hunting feral pests that do huge amounts of damage to the "protected" environment they roam uncontrolled.
    Managed hunting could be a huge win for all involved if greens and bureaucrats could get their heads out of their collective arse.
    I don't disagree but at the end of the day they are still breaking the law as it stands and there is simply no excuse for that. This type of activity just makes it harder for those doing the right thing to eventually get access via lobbying govt depts and legitimate hunting groups putting valid arguments forward to gaining access.
    At least NSW has public forests where you can gain an R licence and legally hunt. SA has zero crown land to hunt and great tracts of conservation land that has feral game and no hunting is allowed. Collective hunting organizations are making inroads with Govt bodies and there is a light at the end of the tunnel but illegal activity can undo years of work to gain access.

At least the they are being described as illegal hunters and not bowhunters because in my view they are far from it!

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    Quote Originally Posted by mudgudgeon View Post
    I totally agree! But there does need to be some regulation/vetting of people allowed to do such hunting...at the last group hunt it absolutely amazed me the amount of field point adorned arrows that our members were finding around the place. Not in camp, but in out of the way locations! What clowns are "hunting" with these arrows?!? And why are they doing it on a Bowhunting only property?

Cheers,

Mick
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    I totally agree! But there does need to be some regulation/vetting of people allowed to do such hunting...at the last group hunt it absolutely amazed me the amount of field point adorned arrows that our members were finding around the place. Not in camp, but in out of the way locations! What clowns are "hunting" with these arrows?!? And why are they doing it on a Bowhunting only property?

Cheers,

Mick
    Mick- We use to use target arrows but with blunts an the ends, for clump/stump shooting whilst we walked around after rabbits etc,we had those in our quivers along side our broadhead arrows, we did lose some at times, lost in the long grass,so maybe the same happening as in your post??????
    UNBELIEVABLE
    I hear what you're saying Mudgudgeon. It bugs me that they take on half of the US model, but not all of it. We have to pay for a licence, to hunt what is in many cases a pest close to being declared feral, and they don't have to do much with that licence money and justify getting it by declaring deer a "game" species. Meanwhile, we have these introduced animals running around many of the national parks that are a long way from anywhere, doing damage, and any thought of hunting in these parks brings out idiots claiming that NPWS staff will need to wear protective vests. Because we all know that anyone hunting is sending off rounds/arrows willy nilly and they are flying all around the place like the beaches of Normandy.

(For the record, I like national parks and the protection they afford for the natural biodiversity and the fact that it can't get ripped apart)

To me, what these guys have done is worse than breaking the law by entering national park. This isn't public land owned by the people, but someones private land that they have entered without permissions. I just imagine if someone decided to do what they wanted on my land walking all over it. I don't think I would mind for fishing the river edge, but this is different
    eject, EJECT!!
    Ditto Stu - trespassing is trespassing - no matter how you paint it.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Ditto Stu - trespassing is trespassing - no matter how you paint it.
    Its black and white, (if I can say that ?)
    "The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist.
    Geez, at this rate the poachers will have to start wearing Hi-Vis clothing so they don't get shot by the other poachers!
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast