Arrowhead Magazine
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    I totally agree! But there does need to be some regulation/vetting of people allowed to do such hunting...at the last group hunt it absolutely amazed me the amount of field point adorned arrows that our members were finding around the place. Not in camp, but in out of the way locations! What clowns are "hunting" with these arrows?!? And why are they doing it on a Bowhunting only property?

Cheers,

Mick
    Mick- We use to use target arrows but with blunts an the ends, for clump/stump shooting whilst we walked around after rabbits etc,we had those in our quivers along side our broadhead arrows, we did lose some at times, lost in the long grass,so maybe the same happening as in your post??????
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Ditto Stu - trespassing is trespassing - no matter how you paint it.
    Its black and white, (if I can say that ?)
    "The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Geez, at this rate the poachers will have to start wearing Hi-Vis clothing so they don't get shot by the other poachers!
    LOL they might need to organize a roster system.Ha
    "The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist.
    To be honest with the amount of poaching that goes on I’m surprised more people haven’t been caught and charged,at least the rural crime boys are taking it seriously we might see a few more caught with a bit of luck.
    The rural police are almost always stretched to the max dealing stock theft, so someone shooting a couple of wild deer or pigs is not a high priority. What usually causes farmers the most grief is idiots who cut fences ( I am a farm boy)
    Matt
    I see that it’s Adam Greentree that’s been charged

Unhappy

Yep not an ideal situation for Adam
    If thats right, then he has ruined any reputation he had, and tainted bowhunting"s rapport with rest of the community. If true, it goes to show some may think they are above the law.
    A property i have permission to hunt has pad locks on just about every gate because of scum bags like this, not good for the reputation of anyone who bow hunts. Hope the police get a win on this. As for Greentree, don't know him but im interested how it will play out, can't be a good thing for the bowhunting community, police must have some evidence or have caught him red handed to have set a court date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt61 View Post
    The rural police are almost always stretched to the max dealing stock theft, so someone shooting a couple of wild deer or pigs is not a high priority. What usually causes farmers the most grief is idiots who cut fences ( I am a farm boy)
    Matt
    All the places I hunt poachers are a high priority whether they shoot anything or not!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast