Stalker Bows
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    A Dads and Sons hunt with my son, the late Paul Rae and his son. 2006

Hunting buds.

A ginger pussy.

What I believe was Paul's best ever billy.
    Original Founder - The Bowhunters Group of Australia
    • To foster participation in bowhunting.
    • To promote humane and ethical hunting.
    • To protect the right to hunt.
    • To assist and educate fellow hunters.

A few historical forum photos.

Great stuff Luke, good to see you back. Hope you pick up the bow again, and maybe even make it to the next group hunt.

Thanks for putting up all these old photos, some great memories and history there. The old TBGA site was amazing, such a shame that it is lost.
    But it must be gratifying to see the forum still going strong after all these years. Thanks for all the work you and others put into it, it is a great resource and perhaps more importantly, a community. The people I have met over the years from the forum have all been great.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Awesome.. the old memory isn't too bad then. lol

Question is, does he still have that hair cut? :P
    Hahaha...nah mate, clean cut & wearing glasses these days...still at Tamworth doing surveying theses days.

Mick McLeay

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    Great stuff Luke, good to see you back. Hope you pick up the bow again, and maybe even make it to the next group hunt.

Thanks for putting up all these old photos, some great memories and history there. The old TBGA site was amazing, such a shame that it is lost.
    But it must be gratifying to see the forum still going strong after all these years. Thanks for all the work you and others put into it, it is a great resource and perhaps more importantly, a community. The people I have met over the years from the forum have all been great.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Hey Steve, cheers mate. It sure is great to see the forums and community still going strong. Ant and the other Admins and mods have done a top job and full credit to them. I know for sure after a while it can become a chore but they deserve and have my many heartfelt thanks for their undertakings maintaining this as the excellent resource it is over the years that they have.

Definitely awesome to see the mateship side of things is still one of the best aspects of the group. It was always something we tried hard to promote and foster. I know I have so many memories I smile about regularly when I reflect on my time as a part of the forum and the people I met and experiences I had along with it.

Sure there were hard times being an admin, there was politics, arguments, debates and disagreements and fallings out... but we can't hang onto those negative things forever, moving on and focusing on people's best intentions, good bonds of mateship and what it truly meant to hunt with a brother is what's important - and I can say what's brought me back after all this time. Life's too short to let that crap cloud your mind or bring you down.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Hahaha...nah mate, clean cut & wearing glasses these days...still at Tamworth doing surveying theses days.

Mick McLeay
    Haha... good to hear. ;)
    ^^^^"good bonds of mateship and what it truly meant to hunt with a brother is what's important - and I can say what's brought me back after all this time. Life's too short to let that crap cloud your mind or bring you down."

Amen to that, great to have you back.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterbyname&bynature View Post
    ^^^^"good bonds of mateship and what it truly meant to hunt with a brother is what's important - and I can say what's brought me back after all this time. Life's too short to let that crap cloud your mind or bring you down."

Amen to that, great to have you back.

Bert
    Thanks mate.
    Here's my blast from the past - the 2008 TBGA group hunt in Cape York with Mick Baker - still got the hat and shirt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnno; 11th July 2018 at 06:07 PM.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Here's my blast from the past - the TBGA group hunt in Cape York with Mick Baker -2008
    The second bowcomp I believe Johnno?
    hey Johnno which one is you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What I still believe is the most muscular boar I have ever seen. Taken by forum stalwart, legend, super top bloke and former moderator Scott Goodwin of Walcha circa 2001/2.

What a stonker. Scotty is a great bloke and helped me shoot my first goat.
    Last edited by Brooster; 11th July 2018 at 09:25 PM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast