Bowhunting Downunder

Thread: bow hand glove

bow hand glove

Hi guys

I have just got into bowhunting and am loving the forum, I have always had a boy from the time I was about 10 but only really have been getting serious in the last 6 months or so.

I shoot a longbow of my hand, and have seen some pictures of people with arrows that have cracked and fired through there hands, I use gold tip traditional and probally don't flex them after every shot so i figured a glove might be handy.

what are people using, i seen the Kevlar gloves are they any good? is a normal leather glove just as good?
    Saw a guy at a shoot and he was shooting of his hand and he had a glove that was like a gauntlet but with the fingers and thumb exposed and then it covered his forearm almost to his elbow with thick leather on the top. It was a glove and wrist guard combined into one piece. Where he got it from... no idea but possible England springs to mind.
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt61; 27th July 2018 at 07:36 AM.

bow hand glove

I've only heard of Chinese Ebay spec arrows doing it out of compound bows..
    That said one of the horse bow girls down home had a lace up leather forearm guard that went around thumb, it was pretty thick ornate leather and would have protected well against shattered carbon..and a few of the boys had riggers glove type material with 3 fingers cut out for longbows, doubt those would have done much tho.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    I shoot with a couple of guys that shoot off the hand. The both just wear a fingerless cycling or work glove. A few of us shoot gt trads, we only flex and inspect arrows after an arrow slaps another arrow or has a hard impact.

Matt
    Sorry was meant to add they use the gloves so shaft and fletching doesn't rub on skin, not for protection from shattering shafts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Hill View Post
    Hi guys

I have just got into bowhunting and am loving the forum, I have always had a boy from the time I was about 10 but only really have been getting serious in the last 6 months or so.

I shoot a longbow of my hand, and have seen some pictures of people with arrows that have cracked and fired through there hands, I use gold tip traditional and probally don't flex them after every shot so i figured a glove might be handy.

what are people using, i seen the Kevlar gloves are they any good? is a normal leather glove just as good?
    Hi have a look at bowcraftarchery.com.au as I am the Australian distributor/dealer for the ProtX Kevlar glove. The cost of the glove is $45.00 with free postage to anywhere within Australia.
    Cheers Alby
    Keep your strings tight & your arrows straight