TUSX

Bareshaft fishtailing but accurate

So in trying out bare shafts from 20m in comparison to fletched. I'm happy with accuracy, but they are obviously fish tailing going by the angle all the bare shafts enter at.

One is way off, but the rest are all within about 1", so I'm happy with their accuracy. Is the fish tailing something I should keep working on, or just par for the course of bare shafts?

IMG_20180808_151400.jpg
    eject, EJECT!!
    If your bare shafts are within an inch of your fletched at 20mts your bow is perfect and your shooting is pretty good as well.
    It takes a perfect bow tune and extremely good form to get bare shafts to fly as well as fletched, your results are more than acceptable.
    Great, thanks!! To be honest I'm surprised how well I shot, but I think most of my issues lately have been things being off on the bow, vane contact etc.

One funny thing, and the reason I did this today, was a week ago I was shooting bare shaft at 40m, and it seemed to fly alright and then take a steep dive, hitting low and left by about 35-40cm. Almost missed target! Happened a few times
    eject, EJECT!!
    With the 40m shots, I would do it again and the arrows that drop low, I would mark them and see if it's the same arrows hitting low, might just be a shaft issue.
    Bowtech Insanity CPX
    76.5lb 29.5in
    Cpxl limbs
    Fuse sight
    Qad drop away
    Killer bowstrings
    Trophy ridge stab.
    Truball fang4
    Thanks. At the time I only had the one bareshaft, so it very well could have just been that shaft. I'll see if I get another chance over longer distance with some more shafts
    eject, EJECT!!
    Does that pic really show the b/s are within an inch from the f/s - looks like a lot more - anyway the manner the b/s are in the target could also be due to the median of the target itself. As has been said - if you constantly get your b/s within an inch or less of your f/s at 20m you're good to go - its also a great starting point for b/h tuning.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    Cheers Johnno. One was a bad shot, but the rest are pretty much 1" from the dot, maybe slightly more but well under 2" (as in, better than I thought I would be!!).
    eject, EJECT!!