DNA Bowhunting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tax time bow ? Maybe?

So I'm pretty happy with my diamond.. but considering cranking it down for the missus to shoot, see if I can't get her into archery atleast a little.
    Ofcourse this gives the opportunity for me to buy myself some new gear.. or do something responsible...

So bow.. 29" 60-70lb maybe something carbon this time ?
    Arrows.. thinking gt peirce 300s with 150-175 ozcuts ?
    Rangefinder.. maybe a vortex 1300
    What would you recommend and why ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    What sort of budget ?
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    I’m waiting to see what Hoyt bring out next then I’ll be all over it

Tax time bow ? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    What sort of budget ?
    Hadn't set a limit really. 3k should cover the basics.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    If I had money to throw around I'd be putting it towards an APA King Cobra TF II
    https://www.apaarchery.com/product/king-cobra-tf-2

Or maybe a Mamba 34 TF
    https://www.apaarchery.com/product/mamba-m34-tf

Real interesting/unique, great specs, and heaps of field-use specific features. Some bloke in WA is shipping them out for around the $1,600 mark. There are a few other stores stocking the brand, but the WA store is the sole distributor so it was the cheapest I could find a few months ago when I thought I might be in a position to buy one.
    Fragman, being close to a shop, I thought you would be in a position to try a few and let the bow choose you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Fragman, being close to a shop, I thought you would be in a position to try a few and let the bow choose you?

This is the go, most guys will recommend the bow they shoot even if it is really a dog, shoot as many as you can and find one that suits you. Once you find something you like do a google search to see if there are any inherent problems that you are unaware of before you lay down your money.

Tax time bow ? Maybe?

Yeah. Bensons doesn't have a range and wouldn't feel right trying at abbey then going to buy elsewhere so even tho theres shops here there isn't a lot of options to try even tho theres a few shops.

-= The Matter is Void =-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    Yeah. Bensons doesn't have a range and wouldn't feel right trying at abbey then going to buy elsewhere so even tho theres shops here there isn't a lot of options to try even tho theres a few shops.

Are you in a club mate? Plenty of good clubs in Sydney. If you were a member of our club (Hastings Valley Archers) at Port Macquarie, you could probably shoot half a dozen different bows every shoot day.

Tax time bow ? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    Are you in a club mate? Plenty of good clubs in Sydney. If you were a member of our club (Hastings Valley Archers) at Port Macquarie, you could probably shoot half a dozen different bows every shoot day.
    Yeah, shoot on Sunday. Haven't asked to try anyone else's toys yet. The few I've been offered to shoot have been nice, not sure if they are what I want tho..
    Could get a carbon icon.. but then theres always an rx1 and I've heard good things about the ritual...

-= The Matter is Void =-
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast