Stalker Bows

Hunting New south wales

Hi there, im from Perth WA, Iv been bow hunting for over a year now. Been getting mainly pest species, foxes and rabbits, as you can only hunt on private property so its hard to find places to hunt..
    Recently Iv been thinking of traveling to NSW, iv seen there are deer over there. Is anyone from NSW or anyone in my position able to give me any info on traveling to different states to hunt? Id like to just hike deep into the state forrests. Is this something that is done or do most hunters travel different states and shoot on private land that is advertised for hunting?
    Cheers for any info
    Hunting in State Forests is legal in NSW mate but you have to get a licence first. It's a simple process once you join an accredited club and then you just apply on line to hunt in anyone of about 40 State Forests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magilla View Post
    Hunting in State Forests is legal in NSW mate but you have to get a licence first. It's a simple process once you join an accredited club and then you just apply on line to hunt in anyone of about 40 State Forests.
    Hard going though. Im almost a year in and still yet to grass a deer...
    #goodshotbadhunter
    Quote Originally Posted by GojiraSteve View Post
    Hard going though. Im almost a year in and still yet to grass a deer...
    #goodshotbadhunter

Yeah mate, deer are tough in State Forests but they are doable if you know where to go. Catch returns are a good place to start looking then mid week and a lot of walking.
    Ah cheers guys, yeah still early days but trying to get outa WA to experience different terrain and climate. Lots of walking will be no dramas. I’m in it for the experience more than anything. Which airport is closest the the national parks around there?