TUSX
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    1. Open your pants and make sure you have a penis;

HAHAHAHA,

Good luck though mate! Just thought I'd add a bit of humor!

Mick
    Hehe, you're just begging to have your inbox flooded with dick-pics there bud. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragarach View Post
    How spongy is the back wall with the draw stops out of place ? Wouldn't there be extra load on the cam from the cables if you are using it as a stop instead of the actual draw stop?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I haven't tried it with the long draw stops since it was set up for me, but at the short draw length it didn't feel too bad.
    I think you're right it could add some additional load to the cams. but advancing the stops one position we're really only talking about 3-4mm of additional rotation so I would guess the difference would be minimal. On the other hand, due to the eccentricity of the cam it could even result in there being slightly less compression on the limbs. If I decide to go down that road maybe the solution would be to advance the stops one position but replace them with a slightly fatter peg to effectively split the difference.

For now at least I'm gonna man up, keep it set as per factory recommendations, and see how I feel after some time to get used to it.
    If you were in brissy I'd say bring it round and I'll show you about it and tune it up for you. Very simple. I've had a bit of experience shooting and tuning bowtechs and personally would shoot anything else. Just check timing at brace, check the drawstrings both hit at the same time, check brace hight, and tiller. Any other questions feel free to ask. I don't trust Abbey in bris fletching my arrows let alone tuning a bow.
    Bowtech Insanity CPX
    76.5lb 29.5in
    Cpxl limbs
    Fuse sight
    Qad drop away
    Killer bowstrings
    Trophy ridge stab.
    Truball fang4
    The other consideration with setting draw stops like that is with too much let off on some bows. This means that there isn't enough to get the string moving back forwards, and nothing happens when you go to shoot. A sphincter tightening experience I can only imagine.

I know on my New Breed, they put a limit on the let off that you can't go past for this reason. I was a bit in between, so had to go to longer modules and draw set slightly short for them, meaning I lost a little valley and let off
    eject, EJECT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    If you were in brissy I'd say bring it round and I'll show you about it and tune it up for you. Very simple. I've had a bit of experience shooting and tuning bowtechs and personally would shoot anything else. Just check timing at brace, check the drawstrings both hit at the same time, check brace hight, and tiller. Any other questions feel free to ask. I don't trust Abbey in bris fletching my arrows let alone tuning a bow.
    Hey Buckman, I was wondering about one element actually. The cams seem to be hitting at the same time (by eye, I don't have a draw board). But the "slave cable" crosses the timing mark perfectly on one cam while being a little out on the other.
    I know timing marks are a guide and don't indicate perfect tune, but do binary cams create a caveat to this idea? What I'm thinking is that the cable doesn't have to be centred on the mark to be in tune, but it would seem to me that if they're slaved together that any variation from centre on the timing mark would have to be identical on each cam. If I'm way off on this please let me know.
    Uneven tension between the cables would cause that I thought. One cable tight and one loose, would cause top came to rotate clockwise (for example) and bottom cam counter clockwise slightly. So combine that with string tension could have one mark bang on and the other slightly rotated off
    eject, EJECT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GojiraSteve View Post
    Hehe, you're just begging to have your inbox flooded with dick-pics there bud. :D
    Haahaha...would make a change from the ones that Johnno keeps sending me!?!
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    What you have to take into account Steve, is the fact that you are not pulling from dead centre of the strig, and the flx guard is also not dead centre. These things make it difficult to get both timing marks spot on. With the bowtechs I've done I always try and get the rest as low as possible without shelf contact and especially on qad rests, I modify the launcher to get the arrow as low as possible without Fletch contact of course. This allows you to get as close as possible to the strings centre, I've tuned 3 or 4 different invasions, destroyer 350 and 340, insanitys, mag btx, and others and have only had 1 that tuned so close to being within the dots and stops touching at the same time, shooting bullet holes with b/s and f/s out to 30-40 yards, and that is my insanity I have now
    Bowtech Insanity CPX
    76.5lb 29.5in
    Cpxl limbs
    Fuse sight
    Qad drop away
    Killer bowstrings
    Trophy ridge stab.
    Truball fang4
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Haahaha...would make a change from the ones that Johnno keeps sending me!?!
    When you wipe them off- you can always send them back - then again - maybe not..LOL
    Last edited by Johnno; 25th August 2018 at 01:01 PM.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    ^^ Hahaha....Clear your in box Wayne and get ready!?! Hahahah....
    Sitting back from your trophy to make it appear bigger only makes you look smaller!

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12