Stalker Bows
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Who am I? Well, I started this very forum nearly 17 years ago. Back then and for the first 10 years it was called The Bowhunters Group of Australia (TBGA).

In the last 8 or 9 years away from the forums I've been on a life journey full of ups, downs, twist, turns and a few pit stops which has included a few of the familiar names I see about the forums still today; and many which hasn't.

I still have the bug for the bow, I was born with it in my blood after all... but not so much the drive or desire to pick it up though; too many memories - some good, some bad. I will get back to it one day. I know it will be a good day.

Until then, I will continue to lament the times I hear the bush calling my name and I can't go to her, when i feel the warm kiss of sunset on my cheek and it takes me back to the long walks back to camp at the end of a memorable day's hunt and when I recall those moments of total utter complete consuming stillness as the world closed around you and stopped when you drew back the string that moment before you loosed the arrow at your quarry; when nothing else at all mattered...

...until then...

Back in the day.
    Welcome back Luke....I too remember the days of TBGA, still have my cherished sticker! A lot has changed mate, but there's still a few of the old members floating about! Also some great new members too!

Cheers,

Mick

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
  2. Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat View Post
    I remember when you ran the forum Luke. You used to have those great bowhunter group stickers and all the other stuff
    Cheers mate. I think I still have a few floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    Great to see you back on the site LUKE, I remember when you started TBGA way back........good to see you have come back on here
    Good to see you to mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
    Well I remember you turning up at Greg Hovies in Mount Isa when we were measuring tusks from our hunt and telling us you were thinking about starting a web site remember that Luke.
    Darren Amos aka Sneaky
    Wow... now THAT was a very very long time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Welcome back Luke....I too remember the days of TBGA, still have my cherished sticker! A lot has changed mate, but there's still a few of the old members floating about! Also some great new members too!
    Great to hear mate! A lot sure has changed, but change is inevitable I suppose.
    Original Founder - The Bowhunters Group of Australia
    • To foster participation in bowhunting.
    • To promote humane and ethical hunting.
    • To protect the right to hunt.
    • To assist and educate fellow hunters.
  3. Hi all,
    Tom here.
    New to the forum but not new to the scene. Been bowhunting 10 years this year with trad gear.
    I was a member of the 'TBGA' forum many years ago under the handle Tomalophicon if anyone might remember (didn't contribute much).
    Cheers,
    Tom.
  4. G'day Tom welcome back great to see another trad guy mate good onya buddy.
    Sneak
    Stick, String and Sharp Things what could possibly go wrong?

Sneak, Sneak, Sneak, Whack!!!

RUN BOY RUN UPA TREE UPA TREE!!!!
  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
    G'day Tom welcome back great to see another trad guy mate good onya buddy.
    Sneak
    Cheers sneaky
    hey welcome Tom , cheers kerry
  7. hi guys

im located in Penrith and enjoy a bit of a bass fish also shooting off my carbon defiant out in the state forest and taking the two boys out to my local hunting clubs 3d shoots.
    I have 4 kids that keep me busy so I don't get to go out bush as much as id like too but any free day im out, really enjoy seeing my boys slinging there bows better than seeing ipods in there hands and staring at screens.

have been trying at getting some properties but haven't had much luck yet.

this would be one of my favourite photo's of the two boys at 3d.

IMG_5315.jpg

cheers guys and enjoy the forum
    aaron
    to kill or be killed its just a roll of the dice
  8. Hi everyone! my name is Justin, from melbourne and looking to get into bowhunting at some stage in the future. Currently looking into getting my first bow so i have a long road ahead but I look forward to it.

I have zero hunting or archery experience but have spent significant amounts of time in the outdoors while rock climbing most of my life, and working as a photographer.

Looking forward to a new challenge and lots of learning.
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980