Arrowhead Magazine

Thread: Handheld GPS

Handheld GPS

Hey guys,

Just wondering what’s the latest and greatest handheld GPS everyone is using these days for there backpack hunting?

Cheers Guy
    Hi Guy - maybe not the flashest - but for simplicity and performance - locks on in about 30 seconds - I like the Garmin Etrex 20x - but never rely on a battery gadget - learn to read a map and use a compass.
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    gpsmap 64s good rugged bit of gear
    "If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting." Aristotle
    Quote Originally Posted by clance79 View Post
    gpsmap 64s good rugged bit of gear
    x2 I have the Garmin 64st model with built in maps however most of the time that is my backup and I just use one of the smart phone apps such as onX Hunt. Download the area you are hunting before you go & you have google earth imaging with satellite tracking & all the features of a regular gps even if there is no phone service. The only downside with the smart phone is using it in rain as the screens don't work well when your fingers are wet.

Bert
    ADA Member
    ADA Accredited Scorer

#70 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    #70 Bear Anarchy
    #50 Bear Super Kodiak recurve
    #45 Samick Leopard II recurve
    #60 Klaus Deluxe longbow

"If your not working to protect hunting then you are working to destroy it" FRED BEAR

Handheld GPS

Garmin Gpsmap 64s x3

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    What do people think of the Garmin Inreach...?