DNA Bowhunting

junior hunter set ups

hi guys

im looking at taking my son out to chase some goats in november just curious on what set ups you guys have got going on with arrows spines and broadheads for the kids.
    i have set him up with some ozcut takedowns and goldtip hunter 500 arrows he shoots a diamond prism at 25/30 pounds at 22 draw. is there some tried and tested set ups out there to give me some ideas on set ups for him.

cheers guys
    to kill or be killed its just a roll of the dice
    Quote Originally Posted by hoyt assasin View Post
    hi guys

im looking at taking my son out to chase some goats in november just curious on what set ups you guys have got going on with arrows spines and broadheads for the kids.
    i have set him up with some ozcut takedowns and goldtip hunter 500 arrows he shoots a diamond prism at 25/30 pounds at 22 draw. is there some tried and tested set ups out there to give me some ideas on set ups for him.

cheers guys

I love seeing blokes take their kids hunting but you are asking a lot from that bow targeting goats, not saying it isn't possible but everything would have to be perfect. Maybe think about giving him a few shots at some rabbits first.
    hi guys

cheers guys

I love seeing blokes take their kids hunting but you are asking a lot from that bow targeting goats, not saying it isn't possible but everything would have to be perfect. Maybe think about giving him a few shots at some rabbits first.
    cheers magilla

his my little shadow mate always intersted in my stories when i get back from a hunt so i thought i would tag him along for one for a goat hunt wanted to set him up just incase there was a chance of him having a shot at one. better to get the kids out in the open country than staring at these bloody ipads and **** and learning real life skills.

cheers for the input mate

junior hunter set ups

cheers magilla

his my little shadow mate always intersted in my stories when i get back from a hunt so i thought i would tag him along for one for a goat hunt wanted to set him up just incase there was a chance of him having a shot at one. better to get the kids out in the open country than staring at these bloody ipads and **** and learning real life skills.

cheers for the input mate
    100% mate. Your son will love it. Good parenting mate, well done and good luck.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    30 pounds a 300 grain arrow with a fixed absolutely razor sharp fixed broadhead at 15 or less yards broadside to give the best chance and a top shot placement for a double lung hit and I reckon it's achievable. A blind next to a tank made from some fresh cut foliage would get you at 10 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    30 pounds a 300 grain arrow with a fixed absolutely razor sharp fixed broadhead at 15 or less yards broadside to give the best chance and a top shot placement for a double lung hit and I reckon it's achievable. A blind next to a tank made from some fresh cut foliage would get you at 10 yards
    i was thinking the same brooster went out last saturday mate got a good stalk up on a couple of packs of goats but it just wasnt perfect for him to get a shot off came across a few rabbits and he was all over them.
    it was good fun just trying to get up a stalk on the goats with him mate. get a kid out guys it'll be a hunt you'll remember there will be alot of laughs. it was a hunt i will remember for a long time.