Arrowhead Magazine
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cape York Wet Season Hunt-Trophy Bowhunts Australia Semi LIVE

Follow Mick Baker as he sets off for his first Wet Season Cape York Hunt. Will he get washed out, will the hogs elude him or will it be a success. Watch and see what happens. He will be attempting to take a Hog with each discipline Compound, Recurve and Longbow.Hopefully all captured on video.

Hunt will be from Monday 16th Jan to Saturday 21st unless he gets washed out.

Good Hunitng All
    Cheers
    Mick
    Last edited by Trophy Bowhunts Australia; 14th January 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Widowmaker Broadheads
    130 & 215 DANGEROUS GAME
    125,175 & 250 Solids
    Widowmaker Smash Arrows
    250,300 & 350's
    Hope it all goes well :)
    good stuff mick good one ya mate
    good onya mate, give em hell
    its been a very dry wet season so far so good chance you may get amongst them before the heavens open up!
    Well I have made it to Innisfail for an overnighter with family. Rained all the way so hopefully it slows down tomorrow for the trip upnorth. Should be in Mareeba 7-30am to pick up stastion groceries. Then up there by about 2-30pm.

Not sure if I will have internet so you may not here from me for a week then I will put up. results.

Cheers
    Mick
    Widowmaker Broadheads
    130 & 215 DANGEROUS GAME
    125,175 & 250 Solids
    Widowmaker Smash Arrows
    250,300 & 350's
    Best of luck mate, funny wet season this one so far, you might just get away with this!!
    And away we go:::

Gear Used in the Hunt:
    Diamond Black Ice Compound 70lb-Axis N-fused Arrows and 130grn Widowmaker Broadheads
    Black Widon Recurve 61lb-Easton Legacy 20-20 alloys and 215 grn Widowmaker Broadheads
    Black Widow Longbow 67lb-Carbon Express Traditional carbons and 215grn Widowmaker Broadheads

Day One Monday.

Arrived at station approx 1-40pm after seeing 3 Boars, was able to get one with the compound. He was walking down the road and when I stopped he went around me in the scrub. I cut him off and shot him at about 20m, he died 30m further on. A slight quarting away shot. Unpacked and went for a drive south to the last gate some 40km away, saw approx 30 hogs with at least 3 good boars. The wind was all over the place and they all took off. On the way back ran into another 2 boars but the wind again spooked them. The Cape still as frustrating as ever. A big storm hit and rained quite heavily so I headed for home. At one creek crossing just after the shower a big hog had just crossed the road and I pulled up he continued to feed so I got the video camera out and walked over. Set it all up and took the shot at 20m which devisatated the hog he only went 15m and collapsed. I checked the video and you guessed it didn't push the record button, what a twit. Anyway got a bit of video just before the storm caught up to me so didn't get a picture. Made it home juust as the second storm hit and it has been raining ever since....This is not looking good.

The video is not very good but it does get better as the days go on...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbED...7cAUAAAAAAAAAA

At least I got 2 boars and saw approx 40 hogs for the afternoon.
    Lets see what tomorrow brings???
    Widowmaker Broadheads
    130 & 215 DANGEROUS GAME
    125,175 & 250 Solids
    Widowmaker Smash Arrows
    250,300 & 350's
    Good start Mick...
    Nice 2nd Boar Mick.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast