DNA Bowhunting
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I support that. I was actually very tempted to try and set up abb alternative forum to use for the meantime while this one gets sorted out, but would rather not if this can be fixed up.

I've noticed for a long time that there are less and less moderators and admin logging on. Last regular one was Jape, and he is gone. Not that moderators were regular contributors in my time here.

If we got someone to have the keys for when they are needed, and a few moderators who are on regularly who can sort stuff out I think we would be sweet. Seems to be plenty of members who have shown themselves to be of character for these jobs. The actual skills needed for moderating aren't high for anyone familiar with computers.

I much prefer forum to Facebook
    eject, EJECT!!
    Yeah I agree completely with all comments posted. Not taking away anything from any moderators to date, as I fully understand that life gets in the way, but there appears to be too many people leaving the forum, and others not even getting a chance to provide information as they never get approval for membership. That is not the way we want to go.
    I have been trying to get in touch with Antonio, to no avail as yet. I will keep at it and update any progress as it comes my way. Cheers guys.
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Prime Logic @ 81#
    Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 73#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads

Is it time for change...?

Might be worth putting up a abhf fb group.. approval via msg on here or something similar just to keep the random international sales people etc out
    Let us keep in contact.
    Atleast until this is sorted.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Keeping in mind there are a small amount of followers who quietly do there own thing and don't run facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Keeping in mind there are a small amount of followers who quietly do there own thing and don't run facebook?
    This is true mate. I am aware of a number of the "older fellas..." that use only this forum. They don't do facebook or Instagram or any other ones, only this. To many, it is an outlet for everyday life to be able to jump on this site and read about peoples hunts, tech advice, sales items or photography pictures. this is part reason why I don't want to let it go down the gurgler.....
    Don't make excuses, Live life to the fullest

Hunt hard and often...

Prime Logic @ 81#
    Hoyt Pro Defiant @ 73#
    Easton N-Fused & Full Metal Jacket
    Helix Broadheads
    It will be a big task to bring this site back to its prime and I commend anyone who is prepared to put the effort in to do this. I remember when the old South Pacific Bowhunter (SPB) magazine was run by the same bloke (Antonio) that run this forum so there was a vested interest in maintaining this site as the go to source of information for all serious and amateur Aussie bow hunters. The rise of Facebook started to have a negative impact on the forum initially and then Ant handed over the SPB magazine to Doug who was quick to rename it to Arrowhead magazine and slowly remove all affiliation with the forum. Once that commercial drive was removed from the forum it really went down hill to end up where it is today unfortunately.
    I used to be a keen poster of hunting stories and avid contributor to conversation back in those days but nowadays I only check in to see what’s for sale. It’s a shame it’s ended up this way but that is a consequence of evolution I guess. Good to see someone taking the initiative to keep the forum alive and I wish you every success.
    80# HOYT CARBON ELEMENT G3 -
    45#RAZOR LONGBOW

ST Axis 300's + Ozcut BROADHEADS
    R - LICENSE HOLDER
    Nicely said - but before we get too ahead of ourselves - I think its best to wait to hear from Anthony - who has always been natures gentleman and given the sweat, tears and heartache he already sacrificed - he may not be ready to hand over the reins just yet.

Maybe in the interim, you could also touch base with Luke - the original founder of this forum - who was on here just recently - as I'm sure he can give you first hand insight into just what's involved - the good, the bad and the ugly....
    2014 PSE DNA SP - 65#
    2015 PSE Full Throttle - 64#
    Martin Mamba Recurve - 50#
    Bear Kodiak Magnum 50th Anniversary #55
    I am new and missed the good times by the sound of things but was still a great forum. Was still enough interest to answer my newby questions and will always be people comming and going. Was just getting into the place and it died.

Will be too late if everyone go's.
    I won't risk my pc and had trouble getting on with the iPad

Good on you for offering to have a go and I hope the old owners help you.
    Shame to let it go and not many other bow hunting places that I can find.

Is it time for change...?

Go for it Hyndsie!!!! The forum desparately needs an overhaul, be a shame to lose it forever.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    To all the members that are reading this and think that this or a new site will miraculously be great again ,think again. It will only get great again if we the members all contribute with threads,videos and general input. The moderators do a great job in keeping the site running and keep us in line, but in the end it’s just up to us all to pull our fingers out and start typing and posting.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast