Ozcut Broadheads
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Is it time for change...?

Quote Originally Posted by chris peiro View Post
    To all the members that are reading this and think that this or a new site will miraculously be great again ,think again. It will only get great again if we the members all contribute with threads,videos and general input. The moderators do a great job in keeping the site running and keep us in line, but in the end itís just up to us all to pull our fingers out and start typing and posting.
    We cant half the time due to serve errors. As admin cannot get the server owner to respond this discussion is taking place.
    Hopefully someone can just poke server owner and then this can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    I agree that something needs to happen, and fast!
    I, along with Rickochet and others, have been trying to get this problem on the road to recovery...BUT until Antonio gets what he needs from Marcus, we can do nothing.
    Ant says that the forum basically runs itself, but we need our Captain to take the wheel and get this steering in the right direction to start with again....I have asked Ant to get on here and comment too, but...…….

I reckon we need to fix that bit first and then see what he will let us keen members do to keep it floating and steaming along....

Cheers,

Mick

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965

Is it time for change...?

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    I agree that something needs to happen, and fast!
    I, along with Rickochet and others, have been trying to get this problem on the road to recovery...BUT until Antonio gets what he needs from Marcus, we can do nothing.
    Ant says that the forum basically runs itself, but we need our Captain to take the wheel and get this steering in the right direction to start with again....I have asked Ant to get on here and comment too, but...ÖÖ.

I reckon we need to fix that bit first and then see what he will let us keen members do to keep it floating and steaming along....

Cheers,

Mick
    Might be time to post on every single urban archery social media advertisement until it's fixed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Hey everyone. First of all I have to apologise for my lack of input with these issues arising. I have been extremely busy with work and family but I should have been addressing you all regardless. The forum has been locked out to myself for quite some time now and I haven’t been able to make any changes as I don’t hold the passwords for the server as this forum sits on the same server as archery talk. I paid money to a company about a year back in order to make security upgrades to make joining protected better and to fix up all the advertising stuff, as yet again I couldn’t remove or add anything like I used to be able to. This all came about when we were originally hacked and I lost a heap of the capabilities I had built into the forum to be able to run it smoothly. Since then getting new members on board has been quite the task and obviously upgrades have been impossible. Hence all the money paid was for naught as I couldn’t get them the details. As soon I can get the login info I will be upgrading the site and changing to our own server so it can be kept on top of.

I understand that this site has a massive amount of knowledge and history built into it and I do not ever want to see it disappear. The forum has been running I. It’s different forms for over 17 or 18 years now and that is too much to just simply erase.

Once we get this all going again, I do see a lot of very keen guys who may want to step up and help run it. For what it’s worth I have never taken any money from the forum from anyone and I never plan to so please don’t worry about costs etc. the forum has always been here to support the Australian bowhunting scene and that’s what I intend to ensure that it continues to. Yes people have moved to many other platforms, but there is still a strong community here, whether or not people post, and the knowledge maintained within these pages is not going to be lost.

Thank you everyone for the continued support of this community and hopefully soon we will have it all back in track. There may be changes in my lifestyle in the new year that will most likely allow myself to have more time for it all as well so please bare with it all and we will have platform for you soon enough to make you happy to be a part of. Regards
    Not all deer make the record book, but they all make mine

Thanks for the update and your continued support Antonio, it would be a shame to lose the knowledge base the forum has.
    Glad to hear from you Antonio, hope all is well your way, your info provided sounds encouraging. and i hope you can get on top of the issues,

This is the first time in days that i have been able to log onto the forum also......
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Glad to hear from you Antonio, hope all is well your way, your info provided sounds encouraging. and i hope you can get on top of the issues,

This is the first time in days that i have been able to log onto the forum also......
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Good stuff mate, Iíll do my best to try and contribute as much as I use to.
    Thanks for taking my advice and posting Antonio!

I think we can all help here by everyone contacting Marcus at Urban Archery and letting him know our situation! I have tried to but my call was never returned....I know of other members that have also tried various methods via contacts, etc...….

Once our forums log-in integrity is restored, it is up to us members to re-energize it! (After trying 3 different search engines tonight I was finally able to log-in)….

Daktari called me last night and said he will not be attempting to access the forum as his computer has been compromised by the "redirection" most of us experience when trying to log-in.....

I might also suggest that once this great forum is up and fixed, that we all try and post more often and with more content.

If Captain Lara allows it, I can guarantee that between us we can organize sponsors to take over the competition side of things! (So long as someone is allowed to do that...

Cheers,

Mick

Public Relations Officer, Head Bowhunting Instructor & past "Supreme Commander"- Pacific Bowmen inc
    Game Hunters Association of Australia inc - Life Member
    ABA Bowhunting Instructor
    ADA qualified measurer
    Former Game Council R Licence Examiner

Assassin Automotive Solutions

We'll "take care" of your problems

Quarry Road, Murwillumbah , NSW. Ph: 0481 303965
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Nicely said - but before we get too ahead of ourselves - I think its best to wait to hear from Anthony - who has always been natures gentleman and given the sweat, tears and heartache he already sacrificed - he may not be ready to hand over the reins just yet.

Maybe in the interim, you could also touch base with Luke - the original founder of this forum - who was on here just recently - as I'm sure he can give you first hand insight into just what's involved - the good, the bad and the ugly....
    Thanks for the mention Johnno.

Mostly, a forum like this requires your time, energy and effort to regularly inject to keep things moving along. The moderation of the site is a massive undertaking esp with a topic as politically sensitive as hunting is in this day and age it is something that needs regular close attention.

In the past, when the forums were The Bowhunters Group of Australia (TBGA) and towards the latter years including the Bowhunter Australia magazine (prior to South Pacific and Arrowhead)... we were hacked and lost 10 years of archives. It was pretty devastating given it was a decade of my life committed to these forums that was gone in an instant.

I'd hate to see another almost decade's worth let go to waste or left behind simply to move on to new forums.

I can't suggest what the solution is, but I know the answer isn't to mutiny, or to leave the ship - so to speak. Nothing can improve if nobody is here to do it - and that means, you, me AND admins and mods.

Keen to hear what suggestions we can offer up to get this place firing again.
    Original Founder - The Bowhunters Group of Australia
    • To foster participation in bowhunting.
    • To promote humane and ethical hunting.
    • To protect the right to hunt.
    • To assist and educate fellow hunters.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast