DNA Bowhunting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been chasing this pig for awhile now

Notice the mangy fox, and also the extra wallow, the camera did not pick up the culprit, but i presume it was the boar
    UNBELIEVABLE
    I have been out at this property the past three nights, from 6.00pm until dark, waiting around to see if this fella would show up, but guess what he decides to show early in the morning on the 12th November....

One day, one day.....
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Keep at it Rick, nothing like when a plan comes together.
    Hope this makes sense, I'm not sure what the country is like there but I have found with the pigs around here they seem to have a 3 week cycle of moving in and out of areas, at our new block it seems to be closer to 4-5 weeks (they cover more home range area on this block) , so for instance we won't see any fresh sign and when we do we get heaps in the trap and start seeing them around and a week later they've left to go to the next area (into a cluster of feeder gullies) and we won't see them for another 5 weeks whilst they spend a few days in each area.
    At the other block it's quicker because the home range is smaller and they spend 3-4 days in each Gully, but you can just about set your watch to it, every area is different but if you notice a cycle in your area it can help to be a step ahead.
    Good luck with it, would like to see a part 2 with a little boar on the ground
    Great pics, that fella has gotta keep you keen. Like Rhino, I'm keen to see that part 2.

PS: good input from Rhino on the feeding/range cycles too - that's what the forum is about lads.
    You will get him Rick, his luck will run out eventually.
    Way over here in WA they follow a cycle too, they’ve been gone a while off one of my blocks for a wile now and I said to a bloke ‘ah they’ll be back pretty close to mid-November I reckon.’ The turned up next door 3 days ago so I’m not far off... I tend to have far more success at dawn or early morning too like in your pictures. Hope you get onto him and get him on the deck!
    Last edited by BIGRANG; 13th November 2018 at 09:48 PM.
    West Australian Bowhunter
    I went back out to check on the Camera and the dam today, boy the boar has surely got stuck into the mud at the dam over night or early this morning, GUESS what, i put up a new camera yesterday, but nothing showing on the camera today, I FORGOT to turn the damn camera on didn't I......... what a goose......anyway going out again this arvo and put some grain down...and hopefully get out of bed early in the morning and head out there....
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Good luck ol buddy
    VPA prostaff, BONE SPLITTING PERFORMANCE.

LIVE THE HUNT

At least i know there are two boars on this place, the water in the dam has now dried up, so the boars will have to find new water.
    UNBELIEVABLE

I found a new dam holding a fair amount of water, with some pig sign leading into it, so hopefully the pigs will now head for this water spot
    UNBELIEVABLE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast