Bowhunting Downunder

New deer hunting rules?

What's everyones thoughts on the changes for the next 3 years?

Last edited by Fragarach; 16th November 2018 at 02:05 PM.
    -= The Matter is Void =-
    Around here blokes "hunt" deer at night with a spotlight out of a car, often but not always with silencers. I don't think they care whether it is public or private land.

New deer hunting rules?

Bit suspicious as it may be the path to getting deer reclassified as a pest.
    Can understand the farmers wanting to reduce numbers, although that has always stayed the same with the previous rules.

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk
    The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
    Proverbs 12:27
    Relatives of mine in NE Vic are having all sorts of issues with deer on their farmland, as are most locals in the area. They also have a major issue with illegal spotlighting by clowns with guns coming up for a weekend of “hunting”. I’m all for farmers culling off deer on their property, but I think it should be like a roo permit, rather than a more open ruling. I just think it’s opening a Pandora’s box to idiots (who already don’t have any regard for regulations) to go spotlighting mad.

Cheers, Scott.
    Last edited by Longbowman; 18th November 2018 at 06:45 AM.
    deleted- double post
    Last edited by ricochet; 18th November 2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: deleted double posting
    UNBELIEVABLE
    In Vic the farmers have always been allowed to control/cull the deer on their properties, unfortunately most of the ones doing all the moaning about the deer are city farmers, they want the government to do something about the deer, they also will not allow hunters onto their properties (I can also see their point on this, why let unkowns onto their land), they will not shoot/cull the deer themselves but want someone else to do that for them, IE Government accredited shooters.....

Also there is problems with illegal spotlighters as Scott has stated, so one can see that his relos would be against letting people onto their land as they have enough problems now with "spotlighters/road runners in that part of victoria now, most property owners in that part are sick of so called deer hunters...

I am not sure where this will lead to in NSW, I am suspicious of the motives here, as there are Government inititives in place for bait stations to be put out that ONLY DEER can open, they need more time to get the system right, so maybe in the future there will not be any need for hunters to hunt the deer as they will have these bait stations working, and no need for people with firearms.

Or maybe i am just being silly in all this, and all is above board...
    Last edited by ricochet; 18th November 2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    UNBELIEVABLE